14

JENNIE is pacing back and forth to her own room, contemplating if she will call Lisa or not but in the end she sighed, sitting on her bed. She was about to lie down when her phone rang, she grab her phone without looking and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Why your voice like that? And why you're still awake?"

Jennie widened her eyes and stare at her phone, "Lisa?"

"Yes, it's me, you didn't glance at your phone who is calling?"

"I didn't, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay."

"Are you expecting my call?"

And Jennie didn't answer.

And Lisa took it as a yes, "I'm home, I remember what you always tell me when we're in high school, I must call you every time I got home, so I did, I'm contemplating at first because I didn't know if you're still awake I just wanted to check."

"I'm contemplating too..." she mumbled.

"Why were you contemplating?"

"You might not like it, I don't want you to feel pressured and-I'm not your girlfriend..."

"Nini..."

And Jennie's tears fell, she's been waiting for Lisa to call her like that again, "what is it?"

"You're thinking too much and I know you're crying, don't ask why I know, I know you too much not to notice."

"I'm sorry..."

"Stop saying that, I have a proposition."

"What?"

"A deal."

"What is it?"

"Don't feel guilty, if you want to us to get back like before then stop feeling guilty."

"Lili..."

"Nini, do you still remember what I say to you the last time we talk before we head out to college? Let me remind you again, I would understand if you get yourself a boyfriend, you're beautiful, Nini and it's not that hard not to notice you."

"Lili..."

"Let me finish, this Monday, Jisoo-unnie and I are planning to kick Jong-In's ass in the court and I know Moon too because she didn't like that kind of guy and he make you cry, I will not let anyone make you cry and hurt you like that, it's not your fault, it was him that is at fault so stop feeling guilty and to make it up to you for not telling you, I will kick his ass, for you."

"Mmm."

"So, is that a deal? You know that we're even, Nini, I didn't talk to you about it."

"You're just looking out for my happiness."

"I am, but this time I will confront you and I will not hesitate to punch a guy who make you cry, okay?"

"Okay, Lili."

"Good, don't forget that."

"I will, I love you."

"I know you do, sleep tight, Nini, see you on Monday."

"Mm, see you on Monday, good night."

"Good night, Nini."

And the call ended.