Feelings

Tanjiro

When he walked into first period, the first thing he did was go to Muichiro's seat. He sat down on top of the desk and smiled.

"Goodmorning Muichiro!" He tapped Muichiro's shoulder so he would lift his head.

Muichiro's face turned a slight shade of pink when he lifted his head. "What are you doing on my desk? You're too close to my face." He shook his head then leaned back in his chair.

"Ahh, my bad." He laughed awkwardly as he moved back. "Well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school again? They just opened a new smoothie shop so we could check it out." It sounds like I'm asking him out.. He decided to add something else to make it less weird. "So we can talk about the project!" He smiled.

Muichiro nodded. "Okay I guess."

"Great! We can walk there together after school if you want."

Muichiro nodded again.

"Okay, see you at lunch!" He flashed Muichiro a bright smile and two thumbs up before hopping off the desk. He sat down in his seat at the front of the class just before the bell rang.

Their teacher walked in and began teaching the class but he could only think about his new friend. He was so different, so closed off. He wasn't used to talking to people like him. He sighed.

"Yo, Tanjiro. Class ended like two minutes ago what are you doing?"

Zenitsu stood in the doorway of the classroom. "We're going to be late for second period." He added.

Tanjiro looked around the room. Everyone else was gone. Had he been thinking about Muichiro the whole class period? What's wrong with me..these feelings are weird.

"Yeah sorry I'm coming." He stood up and followed Zenitsu into the hall.

"Where were you yesterday? You just disappeared after lunch and you weren't in seventh period." Zenitsu glanced at Tanjiro. "You know nobody saw Muichiro either.."

Tanjiro's eyes widened. "Hey it's not like that! We just snuck out because I wanted to cheer him up. We're going to hang out today too, okay? To work on the project." He didn't want people to think anything weird was happening between him and Muichiro. He just wanted to help him out.

"I didn't even say anything dude, but now that you mention it, something does seem a little weird. Are you going to eat lunch with him again today?" Zenitsu watched Tanjiro's face carefully as they walked.

"Well, yeah, is that okay?" Tanjiro looked away at the classroom doors to avoid his gaze.

"As long as you're not ditching us for him. You know Inosuke was right about him, he's a little weird."

Tanjiro wanted to protest and stick up for Muichiro but that might make Zenitsu question him even more. What was he even questioning? They were just friends, wasn't it obvious? Wait, nobody said anything about us not being friends. He bit his lip.

"Well I'm off now, have fun in second period Tanjiro." Zenitsu shook his head.

The bell rang and they both walked into their seperate classrooms.