Chapter 8

Tanjiro

He was practically floating on his way home. He wasn't sure why he hugged Muichiro but he was glad that he did, he smelt really nice, like fruit flavored candy or juice. He had a wide smile on his face now, he just wanted to live in that moment forever.

Once he made it inside of his house, he pulled out his phone to text Muichiro. As he stared at Muichiro's contact he suddenly felt very shy. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say to him. 'Hey I'm home! That was really fun!' or 'You're so perfect will you go on an actual date with me this weekend?' That's stupid. He sighed in frustration and put his phone down on the counter. He walked into the bathroom to wash his face with cold water.

It's not like he's never liked anyone before, he's liked many people and he's gone on even more dates but somehow this was different. He wasn't sure how to approach Muichiro because he was so closed off and the total opposite of him. Did he even feel the same? Sure he seemed nervous around him, and he had noticed him get flustered after they took the picture the other day but Muichiro was hard to figure out. He probably hated the hug, and him staring on their way to get the smoothies.

He paced in front of the mirror trying to figure out what he should do about his recent discovery. If he didn't tell Muichiro he would probably regret it. On the other hand though if he did, he could get rejected and the rest of the project would he unbearably awkward. He decided to tell him anyways. If anything, things would just go back to the way they were before and they would just talk a little less. He didn't like the thought of that but it wasn't too bad. The only problem was when he was going to tell him. He could tell him at lunch while they're at the smoothie shop so it's more private.

He walked back to where he put his phone so he could text Muichiro. It hasn't been that long so he was probably awake still. He stared at Muichiro's contact while he decided on what to say.

'I'm home now and I'm going to sleep so goodnight! Do you maybe want to skip school again after lunch? So we can stay at the smoothie shop for longer.'

He hit send and then waited for a response. He kept checking their conversation every few seconds but there was still no reply. Tanjiro started to worry a little, he usually replied quickly. Maybe he's just asleep.

He decided to just go to sleep as well and talk to him in the morning at school. He could still go through with his plan to confess and everything will be alright.

He felt so sick, he could only think of seeing Muichiro the next day. He plopped down onto his bed without changing his clothes. He tried to force himself to sleep but he couldn't so he just laid there thinking about how he would confess to him.

'Hey, I like you, let's date?' He shook his head. A pick up line maybe? No. A note? No. He sighed in frustration once again and checked his phone for a notification from Muichiro. Still nothing. He wondered what Muichiro was doing. Was he actually sleeping? He wondered what he was dreaming about. I hope it's me.

Tanjiro tossed and turned in his bed as he attempted to go to sleep.