Chapter 12

Tanjiro

"I'm sorry for telling you like this, you probably don't even like me in that way, and now the project is going to be awkward.." He paused when he noticed that Muichiro was starting to cry. "Muichiro..? Oh God, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. I just wanted to tell you. If you want me to go, I'll go."

"Are you messing with me?" Muichiro stared at him.

"What? No, of course not. I really do like you, Muichiro." Tanjiro looked away for a second. "You don't have to feel the same way."

"I like you too, Tanjiro." Muichiro wiped his face and   Tanjiro's eyes widened. "I'm sorry for crying, I just wasn't expecting that."

"Really? Then what was happening this morning?" He noticed tears starting for form again. He hoped he wasn't the cause of Muichiro's tears, he didn't want to hurt him.

"I thought I didn't have a chance with you. It's a really painful feeling when you like someone a lot but they're way too good for you. I wanted to get rid of my crush on you.." Muichiro shook his head a little.

Tanjiro pulled him into a hug. "You're perfect, how could I be 'too good for you'?" He felt Muichiro hug him back and press his head into him. He smiled.

"I don't know, we're like opposites." His voice was slightly muffled. Tanjiro liked how it vibrated against him. "I was so scared that you thought I was weird."

Tanjiro shook his head. "I'd never think that about you, Muichiro." He pulled apart and held him in front of him so they were looking at each other.

They watched each other in silence for a few moments before Tanjiro gently cupped the side of Muichiro's face with his hand and leaned in. He felt Muichiro move forward and wrap his arms around him. Eventually their lips pressed together and Tanjiro noticed how soft Muichiro's lips were. He could even taste a small hint of chapstick. He used his other hand to run his fingers through Muichiro's long hair which caused Muichiro to lean into him more.

Muichiro pulled away first and Tanjiro could see him blushing hard. He wondered if his own face was that red. Muichiro looked away as if he was embarrassed.

"That was my first kiss, Tanjiro." He smiled a little.

"It was my first kiss too." Tanjiro still had his hand on Muichiro's cheek.

"Seriously? I thought you would've kissed tons of people by now, you're so popular." Muichiro laughed a little.

"Nope, just you." Tanjiro laughed too. "Muichiro, do you want to go out on a date tomorrow?"

Muichiro nodded. "I'd love that."

Tanjiro stood up and held out his hand to help Muichiro up. They walked out of the bathroom while still holding hands.

"What time is it?" Tanjiro looked over at Muichiro.

Muichiro reached for his phone and checked the time. "It's only 3:42, why?"

"Do you want to do something? We could go on a walk or get food, like a mini date?" Tanjiro smiled at him.

"Yeah! Let me change into jeans real quick and then we can go." Muichiro left to his bedroom while Tanjiro sat down in the kitchen.