drift away

2020 CHAPTER

( y/n ) would've never thought after all the years the two of them spent together that it would end like this, sitting alone in their shared apartment complex.

Picking up a shattered picture frame off the floor she looked down at it with sad eyes. Thinking back to that moment her eyes glisten with tears.

Back then it was so much simpler he wasn't lying to her and cheating behind her back she never had to wait on him.

After graduation things were supposed to be simpler, easier. But they weren't. He always had somewhere else to be.

Never spent time with her after the first time she said it was okay to go, to leave on their fifth anniversary.

He apologized and claimed it was an emergency, smiling at her she let him go she didn't want him to wait any longer.

Sighing to herself she picked up her belongings at the dinner table in the nice restaurant they were at, paid the bill, and left.

And once she stepped out the doors she couldn't help the small frown that fell upon her face.

He smiled and kissed her on the cheek before he left like it was too much trouble to kiss her on the lips like he had done so, so many times before.

She took his heartfelt promises to the heart and listened to him when he said he would make it up to her. She blindly believed he would

She watched him walk out those doors that night and little did she know that was the night he ended up lying to her so much.

At first, it was barely noticeable.

Every time he had to be somewhere else she let him go even though it hurt her every time.

Every time he had to go she would send him off with one of her famous smiles and she would always make him promise to make it up to her.

None the less she believed in what he said and still tried to be optimistic about it, "he'll come back" she'd always say, or "it's his sister he has to be there for her" never would she doubt him.

Is this how a relationship is supposed to be? Is she supposed to be feeling this lonely and unloved? She just wanted to see him.

He stopped coming over to her apartment at that point and now she was starting to question.

Is he going to break up with me? No, he would never he loves me. She would tell herself, getting swallowed up in doubts and thoughts of things she hoped weren't true.

You were together since junior year of high school. He loved you, right? Of curse, he does then why does it feel like you're always a second or last thought?

Eventually, ( y/n ) had enough of this she knew that she was being pushed aside as a second thought, no doubt about it.

But when she finally got to hear his voice after months without it she completely ignored how she felt basking in the warmth that she felt from his voice.

She let herself get caught up in him again and fed into his endless lies.

Blindly following him once more.

And this went on for months, she got strung up in his web of lies and had faith that he would fulfill the broken promises he would give her.

Never once would he.

She told her friends about it and they said that he was just pulling her along, and just doesn't care about her anymore.

She didn't believe them. She couldn't. Berlin would never do that to her, right?

And so she let his words consume her.

And so finally she had enough, she took charge and demand answers. She went over to his house knocked on the door and what she saw made her world collapse around her.

They were right.

Berlin moved on without her, cheated on her. Another woman answered the door that day she knew she was foolish.

She listened to him, believed him, all those promises he made broke that day.

Because in her eyes she saw the man she loved betrayed her, lie to her and she couldn't believe it.

And then she saw something that was truly heartbreaking, all the times he said that his sister was pregnant and needed his help.

That he was going to be an uncle.

When he was going to be a father.

And she saw the woman he always told her to never worry about.

He finally did it, he broke her.

hello loves

gms guys how y'all doing? this book is slowly growing and i was never expecting that so thank you i wanted to try something different and kinda make this an angst chapter

lemme know for the future what type of one-shot you want next until then

but yeah sorry for the long wait thanks for being patient <3

[ 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝟵/6/𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭]