Chapter 17 - Lia + Rafe

Lia

Once Rafe and I finished eating our cereal, I excused myself to go freshen up. I told him he didn't have to baby sit me, but he ignored me, insisting there's nothing I can say that'll get him to leave. With him not budging, it looks like I'm gonna have to stare at his annoyingly handsome face all day.

It's a breezy Saturday morning, but the sky has finally cleared up. It's like a breath of fresh air seeing the blue sky again after such a gloomy week.

As much as I'm annoyed by Rafe's watchful eye, his company strangely brings me peace.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and turn on the shower, undressing while the water turns hot. Stepping under the scorching hot flow, I tilt my head back.

Since I woke up my head has felt foggy. All morning I've craved peace in my chaotic head. Now with the stream of water cleansing over my naked skin, I can just imagine the fog slipping from my scalp, descending my body and disappearing down the drain.

I know it's all mental, but I can just feel the weight of last night dispersing the longer I stand in here, washing myself. Once I've done my shower routine and I feel like my head has had time to rejuvenate, I climb out of the shower.

Wrapping a towel around myself, I head for my bedroom. Opening the door, I slam right into Rafes chest. In my time in the bathroom, I had completely forgotten Rafe was still here.

"I.." He starts, while scratching the back of his head.

Looking up at him, I catch his eyes roaming over my body. When he meets my gaze, there is no regret present in his eyes. It's clear he had no intensions of being a gentleman. 

He clears his throat. "I was gonna ask if you had a spare toothbrush." One corner of his mouth slightly lifts.

Never mind the fact that I'm almost naked in front of Rafe, it's his smirk that makes my stomach do a summersault. My cheeks redden in embarrassment. If he knew the crude thoughts going through my mind...

He licks his lips, still waiting for a response and It makes me question what's going through his head.

I look back at the bathroom and point to the sink. "Top drawer." Is all I can manage to peep out.

"Thanks." He whispers, before he slips past, brushing his hand over my lower back as he passes.

Even with the towel being there as a barrier, my skin burns at his touch. Instead of stiffening, my body falls limp. What has gotten into me?

"It smells like you in here." he remarks.

I twirl around to face him, holding my towel tightly around myself.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

He takes his time smelling each bottle or container I have on the bathroom counter before responding.

"Hm?" He questions like he didn't hear me.

Then he climbs into my shower and sniffs my shampoo bottle!

"Would you stop?" I groan.

He looks me over as if he's just registering what he's doing. "Don't stop using this shampoo. I like your vanilla scent."

I raise my brows in surprise. I tuck the towel in so I can pull out my hands. "Never. Use. This. Shampoo. Again." I pretend to takes notes on my hand with an invisible pen. "Got it." I fake smile at him before rolling my eyes and leaving to put clothes on.

I haven't reached my dresser before hands clamp down on my waist and I'm spun around. Rafe pushes me backwards into the wall and brings his knee up between my legs so I can't move. I try to push against his chest to get him off, but he advances, holding my wrists down at my sides.