Chapter 19 - Lia

Shivers rack over my body due to my lack of clothing. I glance behind me in hopes no one saw me, but notice a trail of water beads on my tail. Shit. My hair is still dripping wet and leaving evidence of myself behind, leading up to what must be the Mayors office.

I rip off my towel and scrunch my hair into it to stop it from dripping. Once my hair feels dry enough, I drop down to the ground and start wiping up any indication that I was here. 

Judging by the way Savannah described her dad, he's definitely not someone I wanna meet.

I'm not sure which direction it's coming from, but the sound of footsteps pierces my ears. They're fast and deliberate, getting louder and louder by the second. I stand abruptly, straightening my back and decide to ignore the remaining drops before I'm found in an ungodly position.

As quietly as possible, I try to make my escape. I stride down the hall and try ducking into one of the rooms on my right with an open door. As I round the corner, towel in hand, I walk straight into what feels like a rock wall.

I gasp in fright. Nope, not a rock wall, just a well built guy. I raise my eyes slowly to meet the eyes of what looks to be the male version of Savannah. Didn't she say her brother's were only going to be back by Thanksgiving? He must have come back early, because there's no mistaking the similarity's between the two siblings. His hazel eyes are complimented by light freckles. His dark hair the same tint as hers.

*******Author note: Picture him however you like, I imagine someone similar to this*******

*******
Author note: Picture him however you like, I imagine someone similar to this
*******

I smile nervously at him, but he doesn't appear to notice. His eyes are raking over my exposed skin and I suck in a shallow breath remembering again that I'm still in Savannah's skimpy, black swimsuit. Undoubtedly this bikini was made for someone smaller like Sav, because my breasts fill it out more than enough. They almost overflow and it's clearly not going unnoticed.

I fold my arms over my chest feeling icky with his eyes lingering on me for a second too long. He looks back up at me, his brows are scrunched and he raises one in question.

Come on Aurelia spit the words out.

"Hi... I'm a friend of Savannah." I explain, "I was trying to find a bathroom, but got a little lost."

His features relax, but he still doesn't say a word. It's my turn to raise a brow, feeling slightly uncomfortable now. He must have been the footsteps I heard earlier. I wonder if Savannah knows he's here yet?

I tighten my thighs together, "Or I can just pee on the floor, your choice." I try joke, even though there's truth behind my words.

He laughs a husky laugh, amusement finally reaching his features and he cocks his head to the right, indicating for me to follow him as he strolls past me.

I hesitantly do so, awkwardly waddling behind him.

"My name's Trent by the way." he throws over his shoulder. His voice has a deep rumble to it.