0.01

••

"meli! where's my purse?" nomi asked as she adjusted her heel on her foot trying not to fall over

meli grabbed the dolce and gabbana purse from the couch and handed it to her.

the two best friends moved out of their hometown; louisville, kentucky as soon as they graduated. the town was too small for their big personalities and they took the first plane out of louisville and now resided in atlanta.

"i still don't know how you were able to afford this."

"kelly bought it for me." nomi said referring to kelly oubre jr who currently was a shooting guard for the charlotte hornets. the two have been talking ever since he slid into her dm's five months ago.

"damn nomi, you must have a magical kitty cat." she teased with a laugh watching as nomi stood in front of the mirror that was by the front door and reapplied her lip gloss for the last time.

nomi hummed and fluffed her hair, "he wouldn't know."

"no way." meli gasped, "you haven't fucked him yet?"

"nope." she said as they headed out of their shared apartment. "and why are you so surprised?" she asked locking the door.

"have you seen him?" nomi laughed, walking side by side by her best friend. their heels clacking with the pavement as they headed to meli's car.

"men work harder to get you when you don't give it up. he's not getting this kitty until i get a few more designer bags. i'm aiming for a cartier bracelet though." nomi sent meli a wink who threw her head back and laughed.

"in nomi we trust."

once they arrived, the party was in full swing and nomi and meli walked in with their arms linked.

"i'm gonna get a drink. sunrise?"

"yes, please." nomi stated with a nod of her head.

meli leaned forward on the table to try her best to get the bartenders attention but failed miserably as his focus was on the other drunk partygoers who were harassing him.

feeling eyes on her, meli turned her head to see a white boy with long, shaggy blonde hair that was covered up by a denim bucket hat. "can i help you?" she asked with an attitude.

"oh damn it is you. it's me, urban."

meli shrugged her shoulders confused on why she should care.

"we went to high school together." he clarified adjusting his hat.

"oh? oh you were the kid with the camera, right?"

urban nodded his head with a light chuckle. "yeah, that was me."

meli nodded her head along with him and an awkward silence soon took over, neither of them knowing what to say to continue the conversation.

urban adjusted his hat and hummed, this was not how he wanted the interaction to go. "c-can i get you a drink though? i'm cool with eddie." he asked, nodding his head towards the barkeep.