0.12

••

nomi had her head leaned back against the headrest as jack drove them to the restaurant

nomi had her head leaned back against the headrest as jack drove them to the restaurant. he had one hand placed on the wheel and the other on her thigh. "you sure you not too tired?" he asks glancing at her.

"i'm never too tired for free food."

"am i just a walking wallet to you?"

"no. you're my boyfriend so, actually yes." nomi joked and jack mocked her laugh with an eye roll.

nomi smiled leaning forward to turn up the radio when recognizing the voice. "oh? look it's your girlfriend."

jack furrowed his eyebrows before deeply inhaling at the sound of rubi rose starting to blast through his speakers. "please don't start." he shook his head and squeezed her thigh.

"i'm not starting anything." nomi says knowing damn well she was in fact starting something. "y'all use to talk or what?"

"can we not-"

"answer the question." nomi interrupted just as jack pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"we used to, yes. but it was never anything serious." he admitted taking his key out of the now parked car and nomi took his hand off of her thigh. "come on, nomi you serious? you can't be mad about this bruh."

"i am though because why the hell isn't she blocked. i blocked all the people i used to mess with and yet you can't do the same?" nomi scoffed and crossed her arms.

"and yet you still wear the tennis bracelet kelly got you." he looked at her for a reply and when she didn't respond he continued with a nod of his head and a bitter laugh, "mhm yeah that's what i thought. i wasn't gonna bring it up until later but since you wanna start we can do this no problem."

"so, what? do you want me to give it back to him?" nomi could see jack tense up at her words, "why would i want you to see your ex? i want you to throw it away or sell it. i don't care what you do, i just don't want it on your wrist."

nomi frowned looking down at her bracelet. it's not like she had any sentimental attachment towards the accessory but it has grown to be one of her favorite pieces of jewelry she owned. but as much as she hated to admit it, jack was right.

he held his hand out. "i'll block everyone i use to mess with without a second thought but i want that damn bracelet nomi." slowly unclasping the lock she took it off and stared at it before reluctantly dropping it in his hand.

"pick ya chin up. i'll get you a new one." he says, putting the diamonds in his jacket pocket.

"promise?"

"yeah. it'll have my initial on it too so people know what's up." nomi flashed him a smile and he rolled his eyes.

"come on girl let's eat."