0.23

••

it took jack some time to get nomi to forgive him and it took a lot out of him. she practically made him her servant for the next couple weeks, which seemed fair to her.

call it reparations from her past ancestors.

since they had officially moved in together nomi has been making him sleep on the couch and she rarely allowed him to touch her, which was driving him crazy but he knew he fucked up so he was suffering the consequences of his own actions.

so, imagine his surprise when he woke up to nomi straddling his waist and squealing in excitement.

"baby wake up!"

jack rubbed his eyes and held nomi's waist steadily. "chill. why you bouncin' up and down on me for?" his eyes were still half closed and a small smirk came onto his lips, "oh shit. you tryna go right now?" he momentarily squeezes her hips before squinting from the harsh light coming from nomi's phone when she shoved it in his face.

it took him awhile to comprehend what was on the screen but when he did he quickly took the phone from her and sat up leaning against the headboard. "holy shit. gimme my glasses."

nomi reached over and grabbed his glasses he kept on the nightstand and handed it to him. she nods her head with a bright smile, "read that shit, baby. top motherfucking five out right now!"

"fuck, man. this shit real? holy shit." his eyes continued to read over and over kanye west' instagram post just in case this was some kind of sick prank. "i could fuckin' cry right now i can't believe this shit."

nomi planted a hard kiss on the side of his face, "you really made it, baby. i'm so proud of you."

jack was so overwhelmed all he could do in that moment was wrap his arm around her waist and hold her close while pinching the bridge of his nose with his index and thumb trying to keep his tears at bay.

nomi continued to praise him, holding him close to her which allowed him to let his tears flow freely.

••

since the day kanye posted jack everything started skyrocketing for him and his team. first, they flew to miami florida once kanye reached out to jack personally asking him to be apart of his 'donda 2' album.

next, jack got the confirmation that he officially landed the role in the reboot of, 'white men cant jump'.

now, nomi was currently waiting for jack to bring her a drink as she leaned against the railing on the beautiful boat drake had reserved for them at turks and caicos island. it sounded like nomi should've been in heaven but she could hardly enjoy it considering the fact that jack has been so busy he's been basically ignoring her because even on their little "vacation" he was still working.

jack knew that working on this new album would change his life and nomi knew that too. at first, she thought she could handle not seeing or spending time with him all the time but it was definitely getting harder than she thought it would be.

and when they did have a little time together he was always distracted or irritable due to stress. no matter how much nomi tried to communicate with him she always ended up feeling ignored.