0.16

••

nomi threw her bag down angrily on jack's couch before sitting down to roughly yank off her heels.

"baby, could you just relax?" he asks placing the bag of food he bought on the way home on the kitchen table, he was hoping getting his girl food would calm her down, it didn't.

nomi stood up and tried to walk past him only for him to gently take ahold of her arm, "you can't seriously be mad at me. i didn't even do nothin'."

"you let her touch you, let her laugh in my face-" nomi snatched her arm back from him.

"baby i ain't mean to upset you i just didn't wanna start any problems." jack rubbed his temples knowing his pr manager would chew him out in the morning.

"too late for that, don't let me catch her again. just take me home bro."

jack clenched his jaw irritated that she wanted to go home now when she could have said it earlier when he was driving.

"you deadass right now?" he huffed with a tired look on his face.

nomi crossed her arms and just stared at him watching as he ran his hand over his beard and laughed bitterly, "alright. at least sit down and eat before i drop you off. you didn't eat anything all day." he gestured his head towards the table.

nomi glanced at the food on the counter, she was in fact starving but she shook her head and kept her arms crossed. "i'm good just take me home."

jack pulled a chair back from the table and stared at her. "i'm not letting you leave hungry so sit your lil' ass down."

nomi raised an eyebrow at his tone before reluctantly walking over to take a seat and unwrapping the utensil packaging ignoring him as he took a seat next to her.

"i have no problem giving you the space you need right now but you not leaving me nomi, especially over some girl i couldn't care less about." jack clenched his jaw at the fact she was just silently eating and he pulled the legs of her chair so that she was closer to him. "nomi look at me when i'm talking to you."

nomi stared at him and waited until she finished chewing before responding, "why the fuck are you so goddamn friendly? you shouldn't have even let her hug you and why the fuck did she call you her friend, yall friends?"

"no-"

"so, what the fuck did you do to make her think that y'all were cool. i don't fuck with her so you don't fuck with her, okay?"

"okay-"

"okay. so we're good then." nomi shrugged her shoulders and raised a spoonful of rice to his lips, "want some?" she offered.

he looks at her weirdly before leaning forward and slowly opening his mouth. "you scare me bruh."

"good." she says with a smile feeding him the fried rice.

" she says with a smile feeding him the fried rice