0.21

••

it's been a month since nomi's birthday and christmas was quickly approaching. jack had talked her into coming back to louisville with him which took some convincing because besides her mother, nomi cut off the rest of her family. due to her growing up in a strict ethiopian family, everything nomi did was considered disappointing such as the way she dressed, her social media success, and the icing on the cake was her white rapper boyfriend.

she was also worried about meeting jack's family for the first time.

"relax, princess. my folks are more than happy to have you for christmas." he reassures with one hand on the steering wheel and his other large hand on her knee.

"sorry i'm freaking out over nothing." she leans her head back against the headrest and turns her head to stare at the side of his face.

"they're gonna love you." he says smiling when she reached her hand over to play with the back of his hair. "you makin' me feel some type of way."

"mhm don't start." nomi pulls her hand away and starts to play with her hoodie strings.

stopping at a red light, jack's clear blue eyes looked her up and down and he twirled his toothpick in his mouth. he waited until nomi turned to look at him and when she did he motioned his head towards the back.

"i'm about to meet your family for the first time and that's what your thinking about?" she scoffs shaking her head.

"i'm sorry you jus' so fine bruh. shit don't make no type of sense." he licked his lips before placing his eyes back on the road.

truth was any other time nomi would've been down especially with the way he looked right now in his white puffer jacket and it didn't help that he looked so sexy while driving but her main focus was making a good impression on his family and it definitely wouldn't have been a good look to show up to his parents house with an after sex glow.

it wasn't long until they pulled up in jack's driveway and nomi stood outside the car with her arms crossed as jack got their bags out of the car, "it's freezing." she mutters rubbing her arms.

jack rolled his eyes knowing they would've been in the warmth of the house a lot quicker if she were to help. "i'm comin' baby just hold up."

nomi followed after jack as he balanced the bags on his arms and they walked to the front door which was unlocked from the amount of people walking in and out.

"hi everybody!" jack greets immediately being welcomed by his mother, maggie who came up to them with a bright smile. the two hug and nomi stands off to the side as more and more of jack's family welcomed him home.

after acknowledging his parents and apologizing for their tardiness, jack turns his head to see nomi standing awkwardly in the corner. "baby, come on." he says grabbing her hand and bringing her closer to him. "mom. dad. i want you to meet my girlfriend, naomi."

"hi." she says with a wave and a timid smile, "you can call me nomi. it's so nice to finally meet you."

maggie awed putting her hand on her heart, "where are my manners? jack has told us so much about you." she says pulling her in for a hug. nomi wasn't used to such a warm and welcoming family environment she almost wanted to cry. "you're so gorgeous." maggie compliments pulling away.