↳┃Val: -vxlentine- | Heather

Interviewee: -vxlentine-Interviewer: Benitoite_heather06

Interviewee-vxlentine-
InterviewerBenitoite_heather06

* * *

Hey, Valentine! To start with, how are you? 

Iffy, to be honest... I thought studying in London would be easy, but now I have boatload of stress on me, cause like rent in London in expensive, I have no idea if my roommate is a psycho or not and I am leaving for London in 6 days, and my exams end in 2. And if I flunk my finals, it could seriously affect my admission to college.

That's a lot going on. Don't worry, though, everything will be great. Moving forward: As an author, how would you define writing? 

It's extremely boring, but also exciting. It's also kind of empowering, because you're basically the God of your world. It's just something that you have a love hate relationship with, and it's honestly just a bitch sometimes.

That's a unique answer! Now, how will you define your writing journey?

Well, I started when I was around 10 writing absolutely horrendous Harry Potter fan fiction. Back then it was just something to keep me occupied. Then high school came around and my mental health just plummeted. By then I was writing original stories about mediaeval princesses. Then it was more of a coping mechanism, and a form of escapism. Now, I'm not sure where I stand with it. But I think I'm just doing something I enjoy for right now.

What an interesting journey! What are your preferred genres?

Well, I used to be really into romance, but I prefer romance to be a kind of second plot now. I like action, adventure and sci-fi.

Great choices! Now, how would you describe your writing style?

I don't exactly know, to be honest. I guess you'll just have to find out for yourself, because I sure as heck don't know, lol.

Haha! What would you say inspires you?

Hmm... I'd say the authors I grew up with, and that's Meg Cabot, Ally Carter and Agatha Christie 

Wow! A young reader into a great writer. What is your favourite part about writing a book?

The world building, definitely.

Interesting! What is your book, The System about?

Well, on the surface it's a coming of age story about a girl with mysterious abilities and a mission to complete, but I plan to explore the fibres of human being, why we believe what we believe and what makes us what we are. I plan on exploring the idea of god and wether or not we really want peace. 

Wow! What an interesting story! Where did you get the idea from?

Well, I'm trying recall, but I don't exactly remember. I just kind of thought up of it out of nowhere. I remember just shaping my story in my head, and I just thought up some plot twists and wrote them down on the notes app in my phone.

It's okay! Noting them was smart. As one yourself, what does a writer need to focus while writing a book according to you?

I juggled around with a couple of names, and a couple of plot modifications to go with them. I thought about naming it 013. The idea behind was this my main character would be named a number, and I thought about her being a science experiment. The reason I specifically chose the number 13 is because it's known for being associated with good and bad luck. I ended up going with The System, since it's kind of an ominous name, and my story revolves around a system of choosing sides, and how it's apparently it's flawed. I went with the name Paris for my character, since I wanted to signify my character's relationship with her parents. They named her after the very much dead city of love (my story is set in a futuristic rebuilt world after a nuclear war destroyed the Old World), signifying that she was never loved.

Wow! That's intriguing! Moving on to the last question of the interview: Is there anything you want to tell to the reader about your interview or your journey in Multiplex Community? 

I've made amazing friends here and I don't regret joining here! I'm glad Maxxie forced me to join this community. 

(An intruder's note: Val is a member of our community :D I bribed her into joining by sending her Loki—the Marvel show—GIFs.)

Amazing! Thank you so much for your time and hope I did not disappoint you. It was really great talking to you! 

* * *

We were glad to have you, Val! :D
You're always welcome back anytime, and we hope you had fun!

We were glad to have you, Val! :DYou're always welcome back anytime, and we hope you had fun!