Chapter 8

I had always loved Hogsmeade. The moment Professor Sprout had dismissed us from Herbology, Blaise, Daphne and I immediately made our way to the three broomsticks and ordered a few butter beers. It was usually always crowded here, but with the combination of Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students, it was nearly impossible to grab seats.

"Thank Merlin the week is over," Blaise says as he drinks a third cup of butter beer. "I don't think I could've stood another Transfiguration lesson."

Daphne and I nod in agreement. With juggling between classes, homework and tutoring Potter, I was beginning to feel worn out and tired. Tutoring Potter hadn't been as awful as I had originally expected. He was usually an awkward wreck and never had more than a few essays that he was struggling with. We still hadn't figured out what the first task of the triwizard tournament would be, though, it wasn't exactly a priority, as the first task wasn't for quite some time.

It had only been one week, and I was already beginning to feel stressed. I needed this. Moments like this with Blaise and Daphne were beginning to feel rare, and after a rather eventful Herbology class, nothing sounded better than a butter beer.

"So," Blaise says, turning to face me, "any idea as to what the first task will be?"

I shake my head. "Not yet. I mean, it's not exactly a first priority as of now."

Blaise scoffs. "Well, it should be, unless you want to be responsible for Harry Potter's death."

Daphne wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to her. "Oh, please. With Y/n's help, Potter will do more than fine. He might even win."

"Speaking of," Blaise mutters under his breath as the door swings open and Potter, Granger and Weasley walk into the building. I immediately straighten as I watch them make polite conversation with Madam Rosmerta. A few moments later, they make their way to one of the last remaining booths. When Granger passes by us, she spots me and comes to a sudden halt.

"Oh, hello, Y/n!" She says cheerfully. Daphne gives me an odd sort of look as I return Granger's smile. I open my mouth to reply, but she continues, "Harry and I were wondering if you wanted to sit with us?"

I can't help but raise an eyebrow as I set down my glass of butter beer. Me? Sit with Harry Potter? The words made absolutely no sense together. We weren't even friends. Merlins beard, we hadn't started talking to each since last week, and that was because we had to, and now Potter wanted to have a butter beer with his me and his friends after just a week of tutoring.

"I'm assuming Weasley isn't a big fan of a Slytherin sitting with you all?" I ask as I take another sip of butter beer.

"Oh." Hermione scratches the back of her neck awkwardly. "Well... no, not really." Her face suddenly brightens. "But we'd love for you to join us, if that's okay with your friends." Granger's eyes flicker over to Blaise and Daphne, and she gives them a small smile before turning to face me again.

"Is that alright with you?" I ask, turning to face Blaise and Daphne. Blaise just nods, but Daphne is more reluctant to let go. She leans towards me and whispers in my ear, "If you replace me with a few Gryffindors, I will never forgive you."

A smile tugs at the corner as I whisper back, "I won't make any promises." Daphne opens her mouth to protest, but thinks better of it and slumps in her chair as she inches closer to Blaise.

I stand up and brush the bits of dust off my coat as I join Granger. Her face brightens at this, and she begins to lead me to their table. We pass by several Slytherins, each of them confused when they see me walking beside Hermione Granger, the poster Gryffindor girl. When I pass by Malfoy however, I give him a wink just to mess with him even more. I try to ignore their stares as we come to a sudden halt in front of the table Potter and Weasley are sitting at. My eyes flicker over to the other side of the table, and I see the two identical Weasley twins. I have heard of Fred and George before, due to Daphne's ongoing prank war with the two that had been going on since third year.