CHAPTER V

The Duke and his sons noticed the sullen look Mahon was giving his food. He used to like these types of foods since elves love foods that are made mostly from vegetables, but this little guy is giving off a sour atmosphere as he took a spoonful of the green soup made mainly from spinach and other leafy vegetables.

Watching the elven boy, guess he couldn't take even a spoonful. He didn't even lick the spoon and just sniff it before putting the spoon down and raising his small hands. Seeing this gesture, surely the servants would immediately understand.

But a few moments later the servants were still standing, feet pinned on their places. The Duke and his sons just shrugged it all off, since Mahon was acting like a brat most of the time. It was no doubt that the servants do not like him and often neglect him.

And they, as men with "morals". Won't force their servants to tend to this little brat's needs especially if they do not like it.

They continued eating and Mahon, who wasn't picky with his food. Swallowed all his rants about the food's taste and just took a piece of bread and gulped it down with a glass of warm milk before looking at Azrar who seems like already done with eating.

He immediately got down from his chair and walked out of the dining area with a calm yet dangerous expression on his face. Azrar followed the elven boy out of the dining hall leaving the Duke and his two sons stunned.

They might be cold towards both of the children and most of the time they would act like they weren't there but even so, both of them would always greet them. Today, not even a word was given to them and Mahon was calm as ever.

Mahon was an elf and he lived up to his race. Elves we're graceful, calm, firm, and intellectual. Mahon was like that, not until the Duchess's death.

After the accident, Mahon grew impatient, unreasonable, and headstrong. He would not listen to others and would always throw a tantrum this led to the servant's current attitude towards him.

But today, he was different. It's like he had gone back to how he used to before but had turned a little more aloof.

"Brother!" Azrar called as he walked behind the staggering elven boy.

"A-Are you alright?" He asked but there was no response. Thinking that he might have angered the other, Azrar immediately shut up.

"Aren't you going to answer?" The young demigod suddenly appeared right in front of Mahon.

"Wha-!" Shocked, Mahon immediately turned his head to look at Azrar who is behind him.

"Relax... I told you earlier that none of them could see me." The demigod replied noticing the child's worry.

"Stop appearing out of nowhere—" He immediately stopped mid-sentence and his brows instantly creased. Sweat started forming on his forehead and instinctively clenched his knee.

"Are you alright?" Caligula asked his expression a mixture of shock and confusion.

Mahon stood for there in the meantime with Azrar following behind. Seeing the elven boy's action Azrar couldn't help but be anxious. He stood there not knowing what to do.

Is he mad at me?? Oh no... I didn't mean to...

Tears started forming in his eyes.

Mason bit his lips trying to endure the pain. It feels like someone's sawing his knees. It feels so painful that he's starting to feel ill. Suddenly, a silent sobbing echoed through his ears.

With much effort, Mahon turned his head slowly to his back and saw Azrar. Standing there with his head bowed down and hands clenching the hem of his clothes.