6. Prison Break

I shot an awkward and confused glance at Bular and Nomura, their faces were stale and emotionless but I could tell they were just as confused.

"Uh- can I go check my friends not dead?" I whimpered hopefully, fully well knowing it was a pointless question.

"And give up such a precious bounty? Doubtful!" Nomura scorned. She walked off steadily down the corridors of the museum resorting back to her human form as she went.

I felt a pang of dread as I realised where she was going.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on him you filthy witch!" I yelled before she disappeared round a dimly lit corner.

I tugged desperately on the ropes, I know I'd attempted to break them before but at this point there wasn't much else to try and I needed to free myself.

Bular smirked a devilish grin before turning around and walking away. A few minutes passed until there was any other signs of movement. A horde a slimy green goblins poured into the room, the one that looked to be a leader holding a goblin sized crossbow.

"Bular really thinks I'm so incompetent he sent goblins to guard me!" I shrieked with annoyance.

"Waka chaca!" The one in front of them all growled.

"Waka chaca my ass green gremlin!" I rolled my eyes and lent back against the walls letting the goblins do their thing.

I really couldn't care less at that point, I was trapped in a museum, surrounded by goblins, ropes to thick for me to break through, no one knowing where on earth I am and worst of all, Nomura.

I was hoping I'd never have to see her face again. We used to be friends once, but after what she did all them years ago, I don't think I'll be able to forgive her.

I tried to suppress my overwhelming anger and worry, and figure out a way to escape. I ended up nodding off within the midst of my thoughts.

When I woke up my neck was sore, curtesy to the awkward position I fell asleep in. I groaned with exhaustion as my eyes flickered open adjusting to the light. Fortunately for me, I was alone, meaning this would be my perfect chance to escape.

I struggled to my feet, my hands still bound together by the worn out rope. I looked around the room again just to double check I was surely alone. No one. Good.

I smiled and sent a silent thanks to the sky's above. I'm not much for believing in god but luck like this doesn't come lightly.

I roamed around the room looking for something sharp I could cut the ropes on. Nothing. I frowned as I realised my temporary luck had run dry. I craned my head to get another glance at the room. It looked different in the day light. Half covered windows, random crates, empty floor, killahead bridge- wait, killahead!?

I rushed over towards a half built, looming stone bridge about a few meters in length. I snuck in another room inspection before realisation hit me like a rock.

I knew the room looked different, I guessed It was due to tiredness but I didn't realise that it was a completely different room all together! Where they were storing killahead!

Nomura worked at the museum, she probably pulled a few strings to hide it here! I leant up against a large oak door, my ear practically pinned to the side of it. I listened closely intently looking to see if anyone was behind the door. Then I heard it.

Claire's voice. "These are so beautiful! If only we had them for our play, to bad the school budget doesn't cover it" she gushed. I squinted through the key whole, it was an old fashioned door so it was a pretty large slot.

Claire and a couple of others were gawking at the numerous medieval dresses, constantly wishing they had them for the school Romeo and Juliet play.

I didn't wait another second.

"Claire!" I whispered cautiously, my gaze constantly shooting in every direction to ensure Nomura wasn't within ear shot.

I saw Claire's head turn over in my direction, it took her a second to spot the eye staring at her through the key whole.

"Who's there?" She asked sheepishly. By this time her other friends had wondered off down the halls so it was just her in the room.

"It's me, Y/n, I'm in the same class as you!" I squeaked.

I was still nervous Nomura or Bular would show up at any moment, but I was also nervous from something else but I couldn't quite figure out what.

"What- what are you doing in there?" Claire questioned as she edged closer towards the door. I then regretted not thinking this through. What was I suppose to say!? Hey Claire I've been kidnapped by a magical changeling creature and a massive stone troll!

"Uh- I thought I saw something in here... soooo I uh went to check it out... um- uh then the door... just locked?" I peeped.

It sounded like more of a question then a statement, and I'm surprised she bought it! I rolled my eyes at my own insolence and mentally slapped my forehead seeing my hands were still tied.

"Hang on, I'll go find Miss Nomura, she can help you out!" Claire smiled friendly before skidding off.

"Shit!" I scorned before turning round and leaning against the door, quenching all hope as I did so.