7. Successful Attempt?

I sat leaning against the wall for at least another 13 or so minutes, my tied hands holding my head as my thoughts raced about.

My ears twitched as I heard the distinctive sound of footsteps approaching from down one of the hall ways. My head shot up as it turned to look at the door of wood I was leaning on.

I stumbled to my feet and backed away as I heard the key in the lock turn. My mind then thought how I would explain the whole being tied up thing to Claire, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. Though I didn't like using magic, I casted an illusion spell on the ropes.

They were still there of course, they just weren't visible.

I quickly acted as casual as I could as I witnessed the door creek open. Nomura stood there with a scowling look on her face, one of pure hatred, she still held the half rusted silver key in hand as she pierced into my soul.

Claire, who was stood behind her only a few moment prior, rushed towards me.

"Glad to see your ok Y/n!" She smiled as she wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

I couldn't help a slight blush drain into my skin as I stood there without words.

"Uh, no, I'm- uh I'm fine! Just a casual... mistake!" I bumbled. Just a casual kidnapping! I thought to myself sarcastically.

"Yes, the janitors usually lock this room as none of it is ready to be set up for display, they were late arriving today and mustn't have checked if anyone was inside" Nomura hissed through gritted teeth.

"Claire! Where are you girl!?" Came the distant, frustrated echo of Mary from down the corridors.

"Coming Mare!" Claire called back as she dashed off.

"Just don't get trapped in any more rooms ok Y/n!" She snickered before disappearing behind a corner.

I didn't have much time to assess anything else when my stomach was hit. I slammed onto the floor where Nomura scowled down at me.

"You'll do your best not to pull another one of those tricks!" She spat before walking off, once again locking the door behind her.

"You'll do your best not to pull another one of those tricks!" I mocked through rolling eyes as I stumbled back onto my feet.

I stood there for a minute pondering other ways to escape, seeing calling for help was out of the option,
I'd have to look for other routes.

Then I turned to the window. Sure it was a little basic, and a couple of stories high but if it got me out of here I was willing to try anything.

I braced my knuckles for the sharp impact of glass that was about to hit my fists, I smashed into the glass.

Shards of transparent, barely visible sharp flakes flung through the air. I instinctively shielded my face. I felt a few glass pieces bounce off of my arms but to serious harm was done.

I think the adrenaline from being trapped in this place caused some of my magic to go haywire, my fists were infused with the stuff making shards of glass bounce back at me.

The window was just about big enough for me to fit through, and then there's the matter of getting down. I probably should have thought that through as well but honestly I thought the floor would be a lot closer.

I bent over the smashed window and cut my ropes with some of the left over glass around the edges. Tossing the rope away and climbed onto the windowsill and tried investigating anyway I could get down. The door burst open. Nomura. Out of time, and out of luck. I jumped.

Sorry this ones late being published I was busy with school, also apologies for it being so short, the chapters will hopefully be getting longer, this part of the story just isn't as important as the rest so the story of the book is going to be some what rushed.

Feather Heart 🪶❤️‍🩹