16. Never Again

Her heart thumped bitterly against her chest. This was stupid, thinking she could take on Bular after living a normal life for hundred of years.

'I'm way out of practice..' her brain reminded her grimly.

She readied herself into a steadied stance as the beast struggled to manoeuvre himself outside. From this point at least, she's be able to deliver a nasty blow, and if not she'd at least be able to run without issues. Maybe that was it. Just distract him until she had a chance to flee. That seamed reasonable at least.

Bular soon found himself back out into the open, and seamed much more comfortable with the extra space. A cruel grin made of grisly yellow teeth sprouted on his face. A 'shing' noise sounded as he used his black talons to grip the hilts on his swords and pull them down from his back, one of them slammed into the ground violently, unearthing grit and soil around the fissure like a fresh wound bleeding open.

Y/n furrowed her brows at the violent monster as he hurtled towards her with a monstrous roar that ripped through the bitter evening air. Her stance shifting and she flung herself out of the way before the blade could reduce her to a corpse.

She gripped the handle of her small blade tightly and gave him a brief slash as she moved past. Bulgar's second claymore chased after her hungrily and left a slight cut on her cheek as she jumped backwards.

Warm blood slowly dripped from the cut and down her cheek, she used her free hand to wipe some of it before trying to make out of the way as Bular swung his blade again. The stone sword was a meteor away as his solid rock arm bashed into her ribs and sent Y/n tumbling across the grass and into a stone fence.

She looked up at her neighbours house, heart squeezing with nerves as she spotted a warm light flicker on somewhere in the house. The people living there had obviously heard the commotion and gone to have a look. Her eyes flickered about and landed on the dark woods lying just past the fence.

Quiet and secluded, they'd be the perfect place to conceal the bitter conflict, and possibly her very own death if she wasn't careful.

She got up to run towards them groggily. Her head throbbed from having it smashed into the fence but she forced herself to stammer towards the trees.

Not enough time. She felt a cold rock hand pick her up from the ground by her neck and slam it into a brick building that she could only assume was her house. She grimaced as the sharp red blocks scraped against her back while Bular grabbed her body across the structure.

She felt like a rag doll. At this rate she'd be toyed with by this beast until she met and unfortunately and agonising end. 'This is how I go..' Y/n thought to herself, 'beaten to a pulp after knocking my friend unconscious with a book.'

Her eyes locked closed as she processed the pain, forcing herself to keep the screams inside as not to attract any attention.

'I don't want to die...' she thought grimly. She could get out of this alive if she tried something.

She was involved now. She was bound to face Nomoura eventually, and when that happened the secret would come out anyway. She couldn't just walk away from this now and the only way out would cause the secret to unravel like ribbon.

If it's to live, then surely anything was worth the sacrifice, better off shunned than a cold dead corpse left to rot in her own back garden.

She felt her thoughts go fuzzy and blur together as the stone arm pressed itself harder against her neck. The foul odour of troll breath was impossible to ignore as Bular snickered at the thought of killing her.

"Your a pest," he snarled with jagged teeth, "once your reduced to a splatter of blood the troll hunter will be as good as dead!"

She was only half listening, her mind was focused on what she was trying to achieve. She faltered for a moment, wondering if she'd forgotten how, before plastering her mind on it again.

She felt a tingling sensation engulf her body, and s crackling golden light blind her vision. She felt her muscles strengthening along with her skin, she could feel stone appendages sprouting out from either side of her torso.

She noticed Bulgar's grip on her neck withdraw slightly and a guttural snarl escape his jaw.

Y/n forced her eyes open and her gaze rested on the familiar, yet strange form she found herself in. A pang of regret burrowed in her stomach, she'd wished she'd never have to do this again.

Yellow stone skin, orange markings, twirling horns with knife-like claws on the end of all four arms.

(Reference:
With you hair and stuff though, this is just how I imagine her)

She tightened she her two top hands on Bulgar's charred fist and slowly began pushing it away from her, and creating some much wanted space between her and the brick wall which had been brutally damaged in the conflict

Bular swung his spare fist at her with great force, she managed to use her extra set of arms to stop it, but ended up getting pushed back slightly again.

She found herself struggling to hold back both fists, and was soon struck in the face by a powerful blow. Before a second one could arrive she threw herself out of the way, manoeuvring herself behind the giant troll and digging her knife sharply into his back.

He let out a growl of frustration and swung his arm to try and reach her, swivelling around to attempt to catch her again. She held her grip firmly on the knife and was tossed around as the troll looked around.

A large claw dug into her side and pulled her into the air and slammed her into the earth. She managed to clamber onto her feet just as another first crashed into her. Dodging the third round of attacks, she managed to find an opening and land a powerful punch on Bulgar's face. She heard the chaotic knack of stone on stone as her fist hit.

Jumping on the opportunity of him being distracted, Y/n took off over the fence and into the woodland.