fourteen |arachnophobia p1|

I walked down the aisle of the grocery store, looking down at the paper my mother had given me.

"V" I turned my head, seeing JJ standing there with her arms crossed, "If we don't hurry up we're going to be late. Emily isn't going to be pleased" I wanted to roll my eyes at her, but instead I picked up the bread crumbs.

I threw them into the bag, "Alright, I got it, let's go" We started to quickly walk to the cash registers, stopping in one of the basically empty lines. Once our turn was up, we threw the stuff onto the conveyor belt.

I dug through my purse and pulled out a twenty dollar bill, and as I rummaged through it to look for my wallet, JJ started poking my arm over and over again.

    "Hold on," I said, still looking for the money. She continued though, she wouldn't stop. I rolled my eyes, "J, would you quit it?" I finally looked up at her, and she was staring directly in front of us.

I slowly turned my head to see what they were looking at, and there stood Dean with wide eyes. He wore the uniform for the store, and I almost dropped my wallet. He then snapped out of his nervous trance,

"W-Would that be all for you today?" He stuttered, taking the ingredients and scanning them. There was silence for a moment, when I looked at JJ.

"I'll meet you outside, yeah? Start my car" I handed her my keys, and she hesitantly exited the building. I turned back to eye him, "How's Fae?"

His eyes wouldn't meet mine, "Don't know, how's Aaron?"

I scoffed and handed him the money, "Touché, considering" was all I could think to respond with.

I was in love with Dean, for a while, ever since I was a kid. Fae knew that, Fae slept with him, Fae got him. Just like she does with everything else that at one point was mine.

He held the money in his hand, but didn't do anything with it. When I looked to see why, I noticed he was staring at me. "Veronica, look-"

"Dean, no" I cut him off, "Nothing you can say would change anything. You've got Fae and I've got..." I paused, "And I've got myself. Which sounds pathetic but honestly it's better than being reliant on someone. I don't want to end up like you" I grabbed the bags full of food, "Keep the change, you'll need it"

Then I walked off. Just left, didn't look back, and didn't care to. I wasn't wasting my time worrying about something, no, someone, like him. He was going to give me some bullshit excuse on why he chose my sister over me, and I'd be the idiot to believe him.

I left the building, and the cold wind hit my face the hardest. Shivers flew down my spine as I rushed to get to the warmth of my vehicle, and once I did, I shoved the bags into the trunk. I hurried to the front drivers seat, ripping the door open and jumping in.

The door shut behind me as I buckled my seatbelt, "You okay, V?" I looked back at everyone, seeing JJ next to me and Em in the back. I nodded with a small smile,

"Why wouldn't I be?"

000

I grabbed the blankets, "Derek, you got the money for the food?" I called, and when I turned, I saw him standing in my doorway with a huge smile on his face and a wallet in his hand.

"Of course he does, if he doesn't get food he'll lose his mind" Spencer commented, and everyone started laughing. However, Derek looked offended.

He shook his head, "So will Dave!" He defended. Dave narrowed his eyes at Derek, and punched his arm in denial. They started rough housing as I slipped my flannel over my arms, right before I grabbed one of my hair elastics.

"Alright, we get it, you'll both lose your minds" I tried shutting down the fighting as I pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I glanced down at where Aaron was sitting, which was next to my wall mirror and on my floor. He was sitting criss cross and was looking up at me, almost like a child.

I furrowed my brows at him, "You okay?" I mouthed, but it took him a minute to respond. He had to snap out of his train of thought, and then he nodded.

"Is everyone ready yet? We're going to be late!" Penelope whined, and I held out my hand for Aaron. He grabbed it and I helped him stand, which made everyone either get up or start walking towards the door.

Spencer grabbed my keys and tossed them to me, which I caught, and then we started following behind everyone. "Are you sure we have to do this?" I rolled my eyes at Spencers question,

"It isn't even a horror movie, it's a thriller. Besides, I've always wanted to go to a drive in theater. I'm finally living out my 70's dreams" I said with a smile on my face. He sighed, and we continued to run down the stairs behind everyone else.

Everyone started their own conversations, whether it was about the movie or about the drive there. Derek opened the front door for everyone, and everyone started shouting their thank you's at him. Once everyone was out and almost at the car, Derek jogged after us.

We were about to enter my car, when Emily grabbed my arm aggressively. I glanced back at her, seeing she was staring at something on the street. I peaked behind the back car door that was already open, and then I saw it.

Behind one of the tree's near the street of my house, stood Fae, speaking with Haley.

My eyes went wide, "What the fuck" I let out accidentally, then Emily and I exchanged looks.

"What are they doing together" I shook my head,

"Probably trying to kill us all"