seventeen

I was searching for manips and look... Here's Harry and Lola back in 2k14!

~~~~~~~~~~

H a r r y

Memories slowly clouded my thoughts in the few weeks to follow the cherished evening with Anastasia. A month had passed since and it had been filled with many more intimate moments between us. She was beautiful and I was forever proud to show her exactly that.

She had become much more confident around me and it showed in normal everyday life too. We both behaved like a couple, rather than the arrangement that this appears to be to every other being who knew us. Neither of us has spoken in depth about our feelings, yet I know that there is something growing there.

I peered over at her sleeping frame once more before I slipped silently out of our bedroom and made my way downstairs towards my office. I sorted out the cuffs of my navy suit before sitting in my large chair and crouching down to face one of the lower drawers in my desk.

I retrieved a small, golden key, which I always kept in my pocket, and slid it into the hole on the front of the drawer. I then spun the key and unlocked it before collecting the one object which I had almost forgotten about in these past few months.

Pulling the silver locket from the darkness, I placed it on top of my desk and locked the drawer back up. I then picked it up and grazed over the limited yet intricate details. This was the locket that I had given to Lola for her eighteenth birthday. It had survived over two hundred years and was still just as significant to me as the day I gave it to her.

I realised that I had given Anastasia a similar gift, and I felt like a fool for not realising that sooner. But this one held different meanings, so the presents were really much different to each other.

Lola had left it with our belongings underground the day that she died. I found it amongst her belongings and had kept hold if it ever since. It used to be the only possession that I held sacred, purely because it was the last connection that I had to her. Inside the locket there were two photographs. I had placed one of the pair of us inside of it when I gave it to her, and she had always left that one in its place. She also put one of just me onto the other side available.

That was the only photograph that I now had of my past life with her.

I had burned the rest when I found them. I made some terribly stupid decisions in my past, and the destroyed photographs were one of many. I remember the last year of my human life as clear as anything.

Once I had spent a few months moping underground over Lola's death, I decided to venture off on my own in the world which had been overcome by Vampires.

The courageous decision was frowned upon by everyone else in my base yet I ignored their opinions and carried out my plan. I was always determined to avenge her death, and the hatred I felt for Vampires was evident even in my expressions.

One day I decided that I would head back up north to my family home in Cheshire. I left the underground base with one backpack and a wooden stake. I hotwired one of the many cars which was discarded in the deserted roads. I then drove for miles and miles, completely blinded by my emotions and without a care that I could have possibly had a Vampire tracking me.