six

H a r r y

The early morning sunrise was always such a beautiful site as I woke from my slumber. After yawning loudly and stretching my tense muscles from sleep, I stood from my comfortably plush mattress, and glided across the room towards my wardrobe. Considering my plans for the day ahead, I decided upon wearing one of my more admirable suits. With the vibrant colour staring back into my green eyes, I reached towards the mohair suit, lifting it from the rail where it was hung and placed it onto my bed.

The dark blue shade which the suit held was neutral, an aura which I would strive to hold, rather than be judged as more cold and hostile. The hours and minutes leading up to this day had been somewhat taunting me, yet I was patient in waiting my required turn. Spending the day with the young Anastasia should be fulfilling as long as all of my plans go ahead, and I would not want her to be put off by a harsh demeanour from myself.

I was still disappointed by how King Alistair conducted our last meeting. I felt that he subjected the beautiful Anastasia to a mere toy, rather than treating her like a human being. I am aware of the consequences of having a Bloodlust, yet her obvious mistreatment pulled at the frozen organs inside of me, as if they were finally moving once again.

My familiar presence clearly withheld throughout the meeting. I felt as if my strength did not falter and I conducted myself with much more pleasantry and manners than Lord Zayn ever will. He was an acquired taste, a person whom you needed to absorb in small doses. I, myself, found him rather irritating and bothersome, yet the rest of the King’s Lordship disagreed.

Shrugging these loose thoughts from my mind, I finished adjusting my suit perfectly onto my cold body, and straightened my tie, as began my journey throughout the house. I was feeling eager today, so used my Vampire speed to reach the front door within mere seconds. Walter was waiting for me in his usual spot on my driveway.

“Good Morning, my Lord.” Walter nodded, before opening the door for me to climb into the Rolls-Royce.

“Morning, Walt.” I replied briefly before relaxing into my seat. Walter rushed into his own spot behind the steering wheel and immediately began our journey towards the King’s castle. It felt as if I was living there recently, with the amount of time that I had been spending there. “Have you informed the castle of my arrival?”

“Yes, Sir.” Walter glanced into his mirror to make eye-contact with me. “They have ensured that Miss Anastasia shall be ready in time for your entrance.”

“You make it sound so theatrical.” I chuckled.

“I do try.” Walter replied jokingly, before returning his focus back to the deserted road.

The memorable journey went by rather efficiently as I felt the tires of the car crunch against the gravelled driveway leading to the castle. Walter parked the car in my usual spot, leaving me a reasonable amount of walking space up to the front door. I waited a few moments for my door to open, before I thanked Walter and headed for the entrance.

I felt unnerved as I was directed by one of King Alistair’s servants. The young, male Vampire in front of me must have been new, as I could smell his youth from a mile away. His skin held the same pale complexion as my own, although mine appeared tainted with sadness as the more grey colouration stared back at me whenever I glanced into a mirror.