seven

A n a s t a s i a

“I will see you again the day after tomorrow, Anastasia.” Harry spoke slowly, his deep voice continuously captivating my entire attention. I had noticed that he always spoke this away, making sure to intently engage with the person which he is speaking to. It is as if he constantly desires to please others, even if he does not like them. I admire that.

“Thank you for a lovely day,” I paused, unsure if I was still entitled to call him by his first name. “Harry.” I nodded, saying it anyway. He smiled in return, opening the door to the black car, assisting me into my seat.

“It was my pleasure.” He smiled once again with his addictive grin, before closing the door softly and walking back towards his front door.

I observed through the darkened window as Harry stood on the step of his porch, watching the car as it drove away. As Walter speeded down the driveway, I could not help but turn back with a smile. Harry was watching the car, waving me off, even though he is unable to see through the blacked out windows. He was charming even in a situation where he needn't be.

“Miss Anastasia, did you have a good time with my Lord?” Walter spoke from the front seat, causing my head to snap back to face the front.

“Yes, it was lovely.” I replied happily, glancing into his mirror so that he could see me. “How long have you worked for Harry?” I decided to try and suss the Lord a little more; I was extremely fascinated by him.

“I have worked for Lord Harry since the beginning of the Vampire rule.” He began.

“That’s a long time,” I mused, “has he always been so... distant?” I was unsure how to summarise his personality, he seemed to be a rather isolated person, preferring to be alone than with the company of others.

“Lord Harry is a damaged soul.” He vaguely explained, sounding somewhat cautious regarding sharing this information “We met when we were both younger versions of our kind.”

“What do you mean?” I was intrigued, damaged was most certainly not the word I would have used to describe him.

“I have said too much already, Miss Anastasia.” His posture suddenly changed, my eyes noticing his iron grip on the steering wheel. “One day, maybe the Lord will be open to answering your questions, my apologies.” I was about to reason with him, yet I felt the wheels of the car crunch beneath the familiar gravel leading up towards the King’s castle.

We came to a stop, and I waited with my mouth open and mind still raging, many thoughts still swirling in my brain. Walter instantly zoomed around the car and opened my door, escorting me out of the vehicle and towards the front door.

“Thank you, Walter.” I thanked him honestly, attempting to momentarily forget our brief conversation.

“My pleasure, Miss Anastasia.” He nodded. “See you soon, dear.” And then he was gone in a flash, as if the past fifteen minutes were a mere figment of my imagination. I felt startled and confused, yet I am determined to figure out the mystery behind Harry Styles, even if my life depended on it.