ten

H a r r y

Driving away from Anastasia was most definitely not an enjoyable feeling. With the events that occurred yesterday, I was even more concerned for her welfare, and I did hurt parting from her. I had many differences with Lord Zayn, and my powers sensed an unnerving aura surrounding him. I always had this feeling and it made me cautious of him.

When I spoke to him on the phone earlier, there was a strange hindrance in his tone. I was uncertain of what it actually meant, but decided to trust my better judgement. He could do nothing incriminating to her due to the circumstances. She does not belong to him, nor is she bound to him as a Bloodlust. Anastasia is still just a human, unattached and able to reject a Vampire.

It hurt that she had to be shoved between us. I had opposed this whole arrangement as soon as King Alistair suggested it. I was not too fond of the notion of a young girl being passed around like a toy. It was distasteful and unjust. I simply went along with the idea because I had to. There was just something about her.

From the moment I saw her frail body shoved onto that darkened stage, I knew that I needed to protect her. I felt it in the pit of my stomach. There was something about her fiery yet sensitive attitude. She genuinely cared about the world around her, and had no worries for anyone overhearing her opinions.

She was like someone I had never met before. I saw goodness in her heart, and I knew from that moment that she was destined for me. I would not say that it was love, yet it was deeper than that. My powers allow me to judge someone based on a first encounter, yet when I met her; it was not just righteousness that I detected. It was beyond complete integrity.

Anastasia Rosé Frascella was not put on this earth as just another pawn in the Vampires realm. She was placed in this earth for a purpose, and I sensed that purpose involved me.

Maybe this was the final part in fulfilling my broken heart.

Regardless of how I felt about her, we were still in this predicament. We only had four more days of this back and forth task, and I am determined to have Anastasia to call my own. I have an inkling that she will choose me, possibly due to my instincts, but also the way in which she speaks of Lord Zayn. He has treated her without moral or virtue, especially considering that he fed from her when it was informally forbidden.

I should not raise my hopes on the subject, as King Alistair could always sway in favour of Lord Zayn. He does hold knowledge and understanding when concerning himself with Bloodlust, and he had got years of experience dealing with them. Yet this was the bane of my whole argument, the fact that he describes Bloodlust as something he deals with, shows that he is not noble enough to actually care and love a human. It is impossible for Vampires like him.

“My Lord, we have arrived.” Walter spoke, pausing my trance.

“Thank you, Walt. I believe that I will be here until tonight, so you may take the majority of the day off.” I informed him with a smile, before slipping out of the car. He opened the passenger window and I walked towards it, bending to face him.

“I will ring you when I am here.” Walter confirmed. “Later then.” He then nodded, before closing the window and driving off.