[parcel 9 pt.2]

(tw: guns and violence.)

"Celeste..." Rafe whispers against his palms, sinking down onto the ground against the tree. My heart pumps at an inhumanly pace at hearing my name, and my skin twitches to come out and hold him.

But that would only make things worse for us. He wouldn't be happy knowing that I've been eavesdropping on him, and I can't talk to him as is. I made a vow to myself; a promise that I wouldn't allow myself to be so distracted by him.

"Please..." He whimpers, and my heart aches for him, so hard that I almost throw away everything to just do something.

But I can't go down that path, no matter the circumstances. So I steel myself and walk coldly away as he cries behind me.

He told me about his father, and I thought of it so shallowly. I brushed it off as if it was nothing, but after seeing what just happened I don't doubt him anymore.

I'm so sorry, Rafe.

I'm so sorry.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

JJ tosses the rope to Kie and she ties it against her boat. I balance my feet on the edge of our boat, watching Sarah come out of the back. 

Apparently, when I was gone for work, John B and the others had come up with this master plan to abandon Kie and Sarah on a boat overnight to 'make up'. And by will of god, it seemed to have worked. 

"Hey, you still hate me?" John B asks them, and Sarah crosses her arms over her chest. 

"A little," she admits, side-eyeing Kie, "We're going to get you back when you least expect it."

Kie nods in agreement. "Watch your back, boys." 

"So did you guys.. you know?" I ask, clasping my hands together in a 'together' motion.

"Reconcile our differences?" Kie asks, cocking her head. 

Sarah shakes her head with a frown. 

"Not even close." Kie says, even though I know that they've already completely made up. 

"But, we're... willing to work together." Sarah says in an almost questioning tone. 

"That's a win in my books." I say, giving them a small round of applause. 

Sarah and Kie share a smile, and I catch Sarah give her a wink. 

Sneaky little liars. 

"Alright," John B says, swinging a rope around. "You guys ready to jack someone up?" 

"Yeah, let's go." Kie says as she and Sarah hop into our boat.

JJ pumps his fist into the air. "Let's go get the gold!" 

John B whirs the engine of the boat and we take off, leaving a steady stream of wake behind us. 

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

"Alright, you guys got rope?" John B asks, as JJ checks in the duffel bag and nods. 

"Grappling hook?" 

Pope shakes his head. "No grappling hook. We're not Batman."

John B's van shakes as we ride over the rocky road that leads to the Crain mansion. It's nighttime, as we decided that it would be too risky to go out in broad daylight. I adjust the bandana around my neck nervously. 

"Pulley?" John B asks. 

"Check." Kie says, tapping on the wooden pulley that we're going to use to lower John B into the well.