[midsummers pt. 2]

(tw: smoking and weed.)

John B got JJ back from jail. I wasn't sure how he did it, but after I saw them appear from the horizon, I suddenly didn't doubt him one bit. 

Apparently JJ was bailed out by his lame excuse of a dad, and caught John B right afterwards trying to do god knows what. Well now I know what, because after returning John B told us what he was doing this entire time. 

Actually, I didn't really hear much of his story. After I heard the words, "Sarah and I went on a boat," my mind went completely blank. Sarah?? As in Sarah Cameron? The same person whose boyfriend tried to drown John B? I couldn't believe it. 

She is the literal Kook princess. And suddenly John B lets her into our lives without a second thought? It makes absolutely no sense. 

Everyone else was obviously feeling the same way, especially Kie, who has extra beef with Sarah from the past. John B tried to convince us that he was only using her for her connections to Tannyhill, but I couldn't help but feel like there was something that he wasn't telling us. 

After everybody cooled off a bit, we begrudgingly decided that we could include her in our plan to use her. And only to use her. We don't want another scuba gear situation on our hands. 

What's the plan? Well I'm glad you asked! Tonight is Midsummers, the biggest middle-of-the-summer celebration. We're going to dress up, get dolled up, go to the party, and start some chaos. 

JJ is going to pose as a waiter at the restaurant that hosts the party, and pass a note with a secret location on it to Sarah (blech) Cameron. She's then going to bring the map of Tannyhill Plantation to the secret location(which is the Hawk's Nest in Kildare), and trade it off with John B. 

Kie and Pope are on clear duty stationed on each side of the party to make sure that no Kooks catch on to what we're doing. As for me, I got the lovely job of distracting Rafe and Topper, the two people most protective of Sarah. 

Of course, it had to be me.

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

"You're not going in that, are you?" Kie asks, squinting at me up and down disappointedly. 

I look down at my simple floral dress that I got from a lost and found. "Why? What's wrong with it?"

I'm standing at the doorway of Kie's room, having just gotten ready for Midsummers party.

Kie crosses her arms over her chest and tilts her head. "Oh my gosh, C, it awful! You wear that sad piece of fabric to all formal events!"

I pat the dress in mock offense. "Did you hear that? She called you sad! How dare her!" 

Kie rolls her eyes and goes into her closet, fishing around for something. She comes back out with a pretty mint silk piece and thin tied straps for the shoulders. 

"Here, put this on." She motions, handing it to me. 

"Kie, I can't wear this. I'd feel too expensive." I reject, pushing it back to her.

She places it over my arm and pats it. "That is the entire point." 

I sigh in surrender and go to the bathroom to put it on. 

The silky fabric feels admittedly good on my skin, flowing and catching in just the right curves of my body. I tie the straps over my shoulders and adjust my gold necklace over my collarbones. I grapple with my wavy sun kissed blonde hair, trying to get its craziness in control. I pull a few bracelets and rings on, trying to look more put together than I actually am.