[the runway pt.2]

We're back, my friends! I'm kind of writing this on Christmas, so for whoever celebrates it, Merry Christmas. <33

Enjoy!

________________

So now I'm standing here, in Rafe's room, with Rafe, staring out the window to where my group of friends (and my getaway boat) are very conveniently stationed. Of course, they had to park their asses under the only lamppost within a 10 mile radius, where literally anyone in the world can see them. 

I can feel the anger radiating from Rafe's body, which is not a good sign. 

There is literally nothing I can do or say that isn't going to make me look suspicious. (More than you already are, Celeste.)

He looks at me with a mixture of disgust and hurt. I look at my feet, hiding the shame that's burning across my face. 

I put myself into this mess. 

And now I have to pay the price.

"What...." Rafe starts, but bites back his words in an attempt to control his anger. 

I see his hands ball up into fists. 

Rafe takes a deep, shaky breath and starts again. 

"What. The. Fuck. Is that group of scum doing right in front of my house???" His words come out choppy and strained, but the point came across clearly. 

I shuffle my feet, still not meeting his eye. I'm scared that if I do he'll see right through me and all my lies. 

Silence washes over us, and for the first time in a long time, I'm completely and utterly speechless. 

"You can't fucking answer that, huh?" Rafe seethes, and I feel my heart rate spike in fear. 

"I..."

Rafe lowers his tone, stepping towards me slowly, and I don't think I've ever seen him this mad. 

"Get the fuck out of my house, C. I don't want you or your cronies getting me caught up in your stupid little games ever fucking again."

"Rafe... I can explain.." 

"Explain, then." 

He's now standing dangerously above me. 

"Explain."

"I can't." I finally say. 

I can't tell him what we're doing. That would be pretty much equivalent to stabbing my friends in the back. Though I itch to spill everything, from the gold, to John B, to Rafe's own dad, I can't betray my friends like that. Not when what we've been aiming to do is just within a fingertip's reach. 

I'm loyal to my friends. 

Correction:

I'm loyal to my friends except for what just happened. 

"Then leave." Rafe's voice breaks my train of self-deprecating thought. 

I nod my head, resigning. I still haven't made eye contact with him this entire time. 

I look to the door of his room, and try to listen for any sounds or movement. All the commotion that was happening before has stopped, and the light outside went out. I'm safe to sneak back out. 

But something inside me keeps me grounded to this spot, my feet refusing to move. I want to bare my heart out to Rafe. I want to tell him everything that has happened, everything that I've been through, everything that I feel for him. Something about this man makes me want to open every single part of me to him.