26) I MIGHT SORT OF LIKE YOU

*Ian Romero's POV

*Ian Romero's POV

"Just kiss already." I should never have told anything to Ade, I should have just carried the secret to my grave. He was already making things extremely difficult for me. 

I must admit, there was this one childishly eager voice screaming inside my head — "I touched his hair!", "I touched his face!", "He touched my face!", "He blushed, when our eyes met!" — and I didn't actually mind touching Cody.

"What?" Me and Cody yelped at the same time, both gaping at Ade incredulously.

"He does have a point there.." Oat muttered.

"What point?" I continued. There was no point that could have possibly been made. None at all. 

"Should we maybe.. Just go in already?" Cody saved the day, suddenly looking almost eager to go in. Or at least to leave behind the conversation, which was more than fine by me. Oat followed him, placing their arm on his shoulder. 

"Don't you ever do that to me again." I hushed Ade, a deep frown on my face.

"What? You seemed like you enjoyed it — both of you." Ade looked very much pleased with himself. Yet again I was wondering why on Earth was that idiot my best friend. Maybe I should replace him with Cody..

The factory was spacious, yet there were so many people it felt crowded. I didn't mind crowds, but I was worried if Cody did. Fortunately we found a somewhat peaceful corner where we could sit on a row of black leather stools. 

Oat dug out a bottle of some suspicious looking pastel pink liqueur that glowed in the blue light. I was finding it hard to believe it was actually drinkable. Then they handed us plastic cups that also glowed.

"Everyone's gotta drink this, okay?" Oat announced and then poured some for all of us. Then we had to gulp it down at the same time. I chuckled when I saw both Cody and Ade grimacing. 

"Oh gosh, what was that?" Cody asked.

"It wasn't that bad actually." I grinned. 

"Exactly!" Oat grinned back at me.

"Yeah, it was.." Ade muttered. Be as it may, the drink seemed to suffice fine enough later in the evening for him and Cody too.

We took pictures — my favorite was the one Oat took from me and Cody. He's leaning closer to me and he's smiling. Gosh, that smile was beautiful. 

At some point Oat went to find their friend and came back later with some girl who had a bright yellow buzz cut and more piercings than I could count. She didn't have any glowing paint on her face, but her hair and the yellow t-shirt dress shone like sunshine. They were holding hands while they hurried towards us.

"This is Ludmila, my dear friend." Oat introduced the girl to us. Then they furrowed Cody's hair and half-hugged him, a proud expression on their face: "This is Cody, my best friend from school and our running team."