37) I DIDN'T RAISE A LIAR

*Cody Walker's POV

*Cody Walker's POV

I almost jumped in the air when someone sneaked behind me and wrapped their arm around my shoulders. My first instinct was to slam my fist in that person's face, but I'm glad I didn't make any impetuous decisions.

"You can't just sneak on me, I almost hit you!" I exclaimed to Ian. It would have been an understatement to say I was stressed about the conversation we had had with Oat and the others, but all that fell into oblivion as soon as my eyes landed on the brown haired guy standing next to me.

Truth to be told, I had been thinking about Ian almost constantly after he had kissed me by the car that one evening. Every time, when I let my attentiveness drop from it's required level, I found myself staring at his lips and thinking I would give anything to feel them against mine again. It was getting harder and harder to resist him and to deny the existence of those growing feelings. And that scared the hell out of me. 

"You can hit on me anytime." Ian grinned and wiggled his eyebrows playfully. What a dork. A really cute one thought.

"Let me walk you home." He said then, still not taking his arm from my shoulders. It was pretty nice to be walked home and be held like that, but I was also scared to get used to it. Things could go sour anytime and it wasn't smart to start to get my hopes up, because I knew that was a luxury I couldn't afford. But Ian was making it really difficult to not have hope.

Then we were by my door. Ian seemed reluctant to go and before I knew it I blurted out the words: "Want to come in?"

It was just the two of us there and Ian sat with me at the kitchen table when I wolfed down my dinner, not surprisingly ravenous after the practice. Then I took him in my room and, due to having little options, sat down on my bed. Or mattress or whatever. For some reason Ian looked bereft when his eyes studied the room.

"It's so blank." He muttered.

"What?" I asked, but instead of answering, Ian's face seemed to lit up and he started smiling when he turned to take something from his bag.

"That reminds me.." He began and then made me promise I would keep my eyes shut until he had done something. I really hoped he hadn't asked Nate & Jeremiah By Design to pay me a visit..

"Okay, you can look now." For some reason I ended up staring at the fond expression on Ian's face instead of what he had done. 

Then I had to tear my eyes off him to look at the wall, but once I saw what he had done, I started smiling. Ian had printed a picture of us from the party on thick paper, so it was more like a card, and stuck it on the wall on top of my bed. It would be the first thing I'd see every morning when I woke up.

"Thank you." I whispered, still eyeing the picture. I liked the way the corners of Ian's eyes wrinkled when his mouth had curved to a winning smile, and was surprised to see how genuinely happy I looked next to him.