15. House tour

Your POV
It is the final day of the re-evaluation and Stella is making me go through all the tests again. I definitely feel that my strength is coming back to me and I am doing a lot better compared to the last five days. I am dripping buckets of water by the time I am done with the test.

Stella tabulated the score and came back to me by the time I came out of the shower.

"You did well, you can go see Ester now." She raised her hand.

I shook it. "First time seeing you smile, didn't think you could."

"You made my job easy for me. The other trainees were much more tough to handle." I laughed knowing what she meant. The first time-trainees always tries their way to sneak out so you could never take your eyes off them.

I walk into Ester's office to see her smiling at me. "Stop smiling. You look creepy."

She shrugged her shoulders and got down to business. I was being briefed about how I would be contacted and what kind of missions I would possibly be given.

"Are you staying here long term or just for this case?" Ester asked, wrapping up this meeting.

"I have no idea."

"Anyways, good to have you back."

I used the credit card that the company gave me and got into a cab. I asked the driver to stop a few houses before so I could walk back.

I see a black corvette that I've never seen before parked in front of my house. I didn't see the driver in the car so I didn't think much about it. As I got closer I saw Natalie standing in front of my door.

"What are you doing here?" She turns her head and faces me.

"I texted you and you didn't reply. I called you and you didn't answer. I thought something happened to you." She says rapidly as she takes a few steps closer to me.

"Wow. Okay I didn't know you care so much about me."

"What happened to your lips?" She cups my face with her right hand.
(I just wanted to add this in bcs I have a cut on my lips when writing this. Don't ask how.)

"I went to training camp. I'm bound to come out with some cuts and bruises. What are you doing here anyways." I remove her hand from my face but still holding it.

"I- I was thinking about accepting your house tour..." She said sheepishly.

"So you want to be my girlfriend?" I sneakily intertwined our fingers.

She nodded and I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before smiling at her. "Come on, let's go in." I unlocked the door and invited her in.

I dragged Natalie around showing her my house while still holding hands. "It's honestly nothing much but here's my mini theatre, bar. I probably spend too much time here. This is where I keep the medical supplies and my office."

"Wow... you study law?"

I laughed at her remark. "No dear, these are all my logging books."

She looks at with a shock expression with her mouth ajar. I take this opportunity to peck her on the lips.

"Why did you stop?"

"Well, you probably don't want to taste my blood yet." I laugh at her while touching my wound at the same time.

"What do you write in these books?"

"Just what I did on that day." She nods and raises her hands to reach for one. "Maybe not now." I push the book back.

"You want a sweet?" I take one from the box I placed on my office table. "You probably don't need it though, since you're sweet enough." She laughs but takes the sweet out of my hands anyways.

"You might want this though." I pulled out my new phone from my pocket. "I changed my phone and I kinda need your number again."

"Is that why you haven't been responding to my calls and texts?" She chuckled as she took my phone and keyed in her number.

"Maybe..." I continued with the house tour. "You've seen my bedroom; this is the guest room and the living room. Nothing special right?" We ended the tour by sitting on the couch.

"I just want to know everything about you."

"You'll get to know them in due time. Maybe you'll know more about me than I do myself." With that, Natalie pushes me down on the couch and crawls on top of me.

"I didn't know you were the dominant type."

"Oh? Didn't you know on the first day we met?" She says with sarcasm.

"That's because I let you take over." I turn her around, allowing me to be at the top. "You want to stay over?" I pull her up from the couch and lead her into my room.

"Can't say no to that." She smirks at me.