17. Schedule

Your POV
Over the next few months, I started going out on missions more often, every few weeks I would be gone for a couple of days or at least for the night. I also noticed that Natalie would be out of contact for some days and when I brush past her waist, her breath would hitch ever so slightly when she comes back.

I've been going around gathering information about possible business relations for Felix Walker. His records and tracks are sparkling clean, no doubt he has received help from others. Even so, his vendor would also need to make sure his account is clean so all I am waiting for is a slip up. Just one crack and I'll be able to peel apart bit by bit and uncover the whole story.

A text came in from Luna asking me to meet at NSA building so I gathered my stuff and left.

She turns her computer screen facing me, allowing me to see more information.

"Stark Industries is going to host a party tomorrow night. Tony Stark will be inviting many sponsors and shareholders so watch out for any suspicious figure. Those people are likely to be interested in weapons." Luna went straight into business.

"So basically, anyone that could be potentially eying for his weapons." Eyes still on her screen looking for information.

"Or selling to him." She added.

"So who am I going as?" I didn't see the alias part filled out.

"You'll just be going for us. We also have a stake in Stark Industries, so we are invited. No taking other people's identity this time."

"Anything else I should know about?"

"The Avengers are going to be there so be careful. They tend to look into things too deeply."

"Isn't that what we are?" I crack my knuckles.

---

I head back home first since there was nothing else to do. I tried searching up on Stark Industries vendors and customers list to gain more information about them first. There are a lot of people on those lists but I doubt all of them would be attending. Most of them are raw material suppliers.

I was going through the companies one by one when Natalie came into my office. I immediately change the tab to prevent her from seeing.

"What are you doing?"

"Just some scheduling dear." I pull her into my lap, pointing at my screen to show her. I hug her from behind and put my chin on her shoulder. "I'll be back late tomorrow, maybe you don't have to come. Unless you want to be alone." I kiss the back of her neck.

"Where are you going?" Natalie turns and faces me.

"Just some party I was invited to." I rub her knuckles with my thumbs. "Do you want any sweets?" I reach over my table to grab one from the box.

"Why do you have so many sweets?" She shook her head.

"It keeps me alive." I take out the wrapper and pop it into my mouth. "Are you staying over tonight?"

"Yeah. Since I'm not seeing you tomorrow." She kisses me and glides her tongue in my mouth to whisk away the sweet and walks away from me.

"Do I have to eat more sweets for you to kiss me?" I smile at her cheekily. I finish up the last page of the list before heading into my room and see Natalie lying in my bed. I lift the cover and slither in next to her, trying not to wake her up before pulling her closer to me.

"You took your time." She says groggily.

"Sorry, I had work to do. I'm here now." I whisper into her ears. She turns around and snuggles into my chest.

"You better be here when I wake up."

"Yes ma'am." I stroke my fingers through her hair and kiss her forehead before trying to sleep.

---

As per usual, I woke up earlier than Natalie still in my arms. I look at her features. Her amazing eyebrow when she thinks I'm ridiculous or weird. Her eyes that needs no explanation. Her cheeks that turns red whenever I try to flirt with her and her lips that give such amazing kisses.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Cause I still can't believe you're my girlfriend. You're too perfect." She pushes herself up and I sit up with her.

"And I can't believe I have a girlfriend." She cups my face with both hands and gives me an endearing kiss. I wanted to melt into the kiss further but she pulled away. I gave her a disappointed look.

"I need to go to work dear. Join me in the shower?" She didn't even need to ask. I hop off the bed immediately and rush into the bathroom with her.