19. Hacking

I'm not a hacker so I don't know the technical terms.

Your POV
Now that I have a target, Chimera Corporation, I need action. I requested for some gadgets from the NSA and Luna has asked me to go and collect it. It's just a simple gadget really, I need something that can infiltrate the building without me having to go in, hence spider bot.
(like the game Watch Dogs)

I need to get the financial statements from the accounts department and if I were to just ask for it, no doubt they would give me a falsified one. To prepare for this occasion, I have been spending a lot of time around their building asking office ladies and men out for lunch or dinner to estimate where people are and which time would be the best to execute my plan.

Even though I don't need to be in the building, I need to be near it so I don't lose the signal. I also need to make sure that no one sees spider bot while it gets data otherwise everything would go to waste.

After everything is set up, I head to the base of the building and get started. Spider bot needs to crawl through the vents or slip pass doors without anyone noticing. Using the screen on my phone, I control spider bot to make way to the accounting department.

However, from the screen I can identify people who do not seem like the employees of this building. They seem to be guarding the area. Either way, I quickly make my way to one of the spare computers and plug spider bot in to retrieve data such as invoices and statements. The security is quite tight and it takes some time to decrypt the firewall.

A message pops up on my phone saying that there's foreign sources hacking in as well.

What the fuck? What are the chances of 2 people hacking into the same thing at the same time?

This requires me to decrypt the data myself instead of relying on spider bot being able to transfer the data freely. Whoever is in there must be the one doing it. The thing is, I only have 2 fingers to type on my phone and whoever's in there has ten on the keyboard. If you think I'm going to make it easy for them then you're wrong.

I make sure to hinder each and every path of their way. If I'm not going to get it, so are they. I also didn't forget to add a backdoor to their drive so I can figure out who did it and get it later. I recalled spider bot and went to identify the mystery group. There's a lot of commotion coming from the emergency exit above. People are rushing out of the building and at the end of it I see Natalie behind a group of people.

What is she-

Before I can even finish my thoughts, I see Natalie falling from the sky. Instinct makes my legs move before I my mind can comprehend. I just managed to slide underneath Natalie and catch her in my arms before she hits the ground.

Natasha POV
I was assigned to supervise a team heading out to collect information that could be buying weapons from SHIELD. The team doesn't know the purpose of their mission. All they know is to get the information and get out. I was supposed to do nothing and be on standby in case they need any help, after all this team is still young.

I was waiting for them to collect information when they called me through the comms saying that they met with resistance when collecting information. It appears to be another hacker collecting the same information. I got into the room and took over the keyboard. I tried getting round the security that the other person placed, and eventually I got what I needed.

"Agent Romanoff, we need to leave." One of the team members commented. This is true, we have been staying her way longer than intended and people are starting to come back from their break.

I grabbed the USB stick and made our way out but people saw us and called security, we had no choice but to leave using the emergency exit, sounding the alarm. The team managed to leave first with me following closely behind. Fury told us not to engage in a fight so we have no choice but to escape instead of fighting them head on.

One of them pulled my shoulders back making me stagger backwards and lean against the railings for support but it was rusty, causing it to break under my weight and throw me off the building. Part of the building got further and further until I eventually hit something soft.

Soft? Did I not hit the ground?

"OWww." I hear someone grunted. I quickly get up on my feet and face the owner of the voice.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" I question her presence around this area.

"Yes, you're welcome." She dusts herself and begins to walk away.

"Wait!" I pulled her back and she hissed at the pain, making me let go of her arm. "Sorry."

Your POV
Natalie must have struck my chest with her elbow or something because now I feel a pounding pain in that area. I look at her angrily before going home. She's the one collecting the same information as me, SHIELD is the one.

After arriving home with a failed mission, I unbutton my shirt to see a huge purple bruise near my right shoulder area. I sighed and went to take some ice to cool down the area. I winced as I lifted my arm, not even able to lift it above my head. The muscles are going to take a while to heal. Fuck for being right-handed.