Chapter 6 | Will

This chapter has one of my favourite moments. It's not very long, but I just think it's so telling. We also get a little bit of Will's family in here which is cool. I struggle to write parent/child relationships sometimes and I find with Will and Gage's parents I'm having that problem, but I'm working through it and this is kind of the first taste you get of them. Anyway enjoy!

I wake up to someone knocking on my door.

"Will! Dinner!"

I groan having been enjoying my nap, but reluctantly get up and head downstairs to eat.

My mom smiles widely "Hi honey"

I smile back feeling like I haven't seen my mom in a while.

"Hey mom, how was your date?"

She grins "It was so sweet your father remembered all my favourite things and even took me to the pier"

I nod "Sounds nice"

She walks over putting her hand on my dads arm while Gage rolls his eyes "sooo romantic"

My dad chuckles and my mom swats at Gage.

"It was, thank you"

I laugh "Yeah Gage maybe if you had a girlfriend you could try it"

Gage whines "Hey! You don't have a girlfriend either!"

I cringe because I don't plan on having a girlfriend ever.

My mom sits down and shakes her head.

"Stop squabbling you'll both find lovely girls eventually, I'm sure of it"

I just nod picking at my food. I'm not scared to tell my family I'm gay because I think they'll hate me, but I also think they have expectations of me and I'm not meeting them. Are they going to settle for a lovely boy instead of a lovely girl? I purse my lips when I think, could you even call Mason a lovely boy?

My dad wipes a napkin to his face before putting it lightly on the table and starting up a conversation.

"So what did you boys get up to while we were out?"

I shrug "Ordered pizza"

Gage nods "Had some friends over"

My mom smiles "Lovely who did you have? Mason I'd assume?"

Gage nods and I let him lead the conversation "Yeah Mason, Jack, and Austin"

My mom takes a sip of her water before responding "I like those two Austin is incredibly polite"

I can't help nodding along, agreeing with her. Austin is starting to grow on me for sure. My dad looks up at me and I wish he wouldn't I'm content to just sit and listen to the dinner conversation tonight.

"What about you Will?"

I shrug not offering much information "Jenna came over"

My parents smile, both of them love Jenna, but it's to be expected since I've known her practically my whole life.

My mom nods and again changes the subject.

"That's nice so I noticed one of you finally washed your bed sheets? Two teenage boys in this house I didn't think I'd ever see someone wash their own bed sheets"

My dad chuckles and she gives him a look.

"You don't start, when's the last time you washed our sheets?"

He's quick to respond, but my mom holds up a finger stopping him.

"Without me asking"

My dad snaps his mouth shut as she chuckles,