Bonus Chapter

~ Natali P.O.V~

( Based on her p.o.v when she first met Joe in the library)

I'm starting over again, I'm recreating my life. A better version of me, the version of me that will hide my past. I needed to escape from the past, suffocating me all night and creating panic attacks randomly. Thankfully my mother has understood me, and thanks to her I'm here. 

I'm currently studying in San Diego, and I have to look for a certain book that my professor requires. The Great Gatsby everyone says it's the best, and that they loved it, but I'm not a sucker for a romantic, prince of the knight types of stories. I always preferred the dark, mysterious, and brooding man.

I finally arrived at the library and wore my sunglasses and walked inside. Everyone seems to be looking at me, and I look back, not backing down. I looked back at my phone and began walking down the aisle. I put my phone in my pocket and began searching for the book. From the looks of it, there are not many, but as I tip-toed I noticed one on the highest shelf.

Looks like I'm going to ask for help, I shrugged. 

As I walk to the counter, I could somewhat see an interesting figure, I didn't look at his face, only his body which was something. 

"Hello, I was looking for The Great Gatsby on my phone, it said you guys had some books, but I've been searching it here and can't find it?" I said innocently, hopefully, he can bring the book down. Gosh, he was handsome, his messy hair and those eyes, gosh them eyes I loved to see them every day when we wake-up together.

I shake my head.

Not time to think about that, you're recreating your new life.

Though I can recreate it with him. I smirked. 

" Yes let me check for you. Follow me this way" He shows me around and takes his time with walking. 

What do I say? 

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Gatsby, you'll like it. It's really good." He says, then frowns.

I-Is he trying to talk? I could feel a small blush rising. 

" Actually this is for an assignment I have to do. I'm trying to get an English Major" I try not to sound bratty, but I wanted to show him that I'm smart and of my hard work.

" Oh, well it will be an easy assignment, this novel is really easy to comprehend and there's so much symbolism."

 Oh, he must be smart, I totally love him already.

I smiled, and his eyes seemed to have some spark.

We reach the aisle, and I wait for him to find the book. 

But instead, he turns around and huffs.

" Sorry, there aren't any books left. The Gatsby is a really famous novel, many people search for them. But I think we are ordering some, they are coming in two days, on Friday. I can reserve you a book and give you a call when the book is here." He says.

I force myself not wanting to smile.

He's interested in me, oh he's naughty and instead of me being mad, that just turned me on.

Well, I guess I'm going with the flow, both of us wanting attention.

"Umm, do you know what time the book will be here? I have cheer practice and every Friday we have a game" I tell him, finding a perfect fake excuse. Seriously? Me? Cheer? Lmfao.

"let me see, let's go back to my counter." He says and I walk first at a fast pace feeling myself turning red. Oh my gosh, he's behind me, probably admiring my ass. These boots I wished I didn't wear, making tic, toc noises getting everyone's attention, though I do love it sometimes.  Gosh, I never felt insecure about myself. Well, I do, ever since the incident, but wow.

He reaches for something inf the counter, and I take advantage to grab my phone to not be drooling for him. He passes a sticky note and a pen. I avoid touching him, I don't want to fall in love again, not now.

" Can you write me your first and last name and your phone number so I can contact you when the book is here? "

"Sorry my friend needs my help, is this going to be quick?" I make up an excuse, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

I could see him forcing a smile, I try not to feel guilty.

" No, the books will come in by 12 AM in the morning. It's okay if you don't come in Friday and get the book. The book will be on hold until you come and get it."

I was about to tell him Friday, but I don't want to seem obvious.

" Okay, I will see" I breathe, as I place my phone and number. I pass it to him, and he looks at it.

"Well Thanks, Natali, I will contact you soon, Ms. Montez."

Ms. Montez. I felt my core dripping wet.

I finally looked at his apron and read his name.

" Thanks Joe" I smiled.

Then I walked out not looking back, not wanting to fall in love with him. If he wants me, it wont be easy.