1. New Start

Well, well well. Hello, you. You walk in to the bookstore, as it were a fashion store. You come in here, thinking you own the store. Giving looks at everyone, and inspecting the library as if you were the manager. There is something about you, your lovely hair and how it bounces with each step you take. I wasn't going to start this routine again, falling in love, but you make me want to play. You see you, I have come to California to start a new life. After the murder of Beck, I had to leave and go far away from that place, I need to search for the place that will bring peace within me. I guess this is the place. 

Look at you, your on your phone ever since you walked in through that door. Can't you look up and see that I am here? I need you to see me, I need to see your face. And you haven't even taken your sunglasses off yet? I like your style already, you have confidence, unlike Beck she was a total insecure bitch. But let me not compare right now, right ? You seem different, you seem hard to get, and I like that, I like being challenged. And right now I feel challenged to get your attention.

You finally look up, and took off your sunglasses,and I see you walking to the romance aisle. Hmmm, you are surely interested? I can tell, you are those who read fairytale novels, and fantasize of the man of your dreams. Surely, I will be your man, and you will be my woman. 

Hmm, you keep texting on that goddamn phone. I really want to know who is it that you keep texting? I see you make a face, and walked towards me. Here I go, act normal Joe.

"Hello, I was looking for The Great Gatsby on my phone, it said you guys had some books, but I've been searching it here and can't find it?" 

Gatsby,huh. That's a really feminist novel, I can tell you would love the book. You smell good, but not just good, you smell good ALOT. I imagine you spraying a lot of perfume, so everyone can smell you. Well you surely caught my attention.

" Yes let me check for you. Follow me this way" I tell her. I take small steps, to make some time and figure how to converse with her.

"Gatsby, you'll like it. Its really good." Damn it Joe, say something else!!!

" Actually this is for an assignment I have to do. I'm trying to get an English Major" 

FUCKKK!! Here I am thinking you would be some smart girl, reading books.

" Oh, well it will be an easy assignment, this novel is really easy to comprehend and there's so much symbolism." I smile towards her. She smiles back, gosh your smile is beautiful, even though that was a fake smile, I can't wait to make you smile, when we are together. 

We reached the romance aisle and I see that one Gatsby book misplaced, its on the top column, and I know you can't see it, but I will pretend I cant either. I have to know your name, you see, so I am going to say we don't have any Gatsby books left.

I do an upset huff, to make her believe there aren't any books.

" Sorry, there aren't any books left. The Gatsby is a really famous novel, many people search for them. But I think we are ordering some, they are coming in by two days, on Friday. I can reserve you a book and give you a call when the book is here." 

Come-on just say yes. This will make my work easier, and knowing you too obviously. Why are you talking a long time to answer, it's just two days. But I know you don't want to wait those days, and neither do I. I want to see you before those two days, I want to see you come in here every day. Your on your phone again, I swear love-- your making me mad. Whoever it is,your on the phone with, is not important as me.

"Umm do you know what time the book will be here? I have cheer practice and every Fridays we have a game" 

Yes, you have confidence in me.  You didn't have to explain anything, but here you are telling me information that I was going to seek.

"let me see, lets go back to my counter." I say.

I see you walk ahead of me, you look in a hurry, but I will take this time slowly. I need you here, I need to examine you from up close.

I like the way you walk, with your boots and how they make a tic toc. You like them to , I see how you stomp, so everyone can hear you passing buy, so that the girls envy you.

I envy you, you have so much confidence, and here I am afraid to mess up what I am about to say. I go to counter and grab a sticky note and a pen.

" Can you write me your first and last name and your phone number so I can contact you when the book is here? " I passed her the pen and paper and try to make contact with her hand. But you are so busy here on your phone. Damnnnit. 

"Sorry my friend needs my help, is this going to be quick?" she asks.

I try not give a rude attitude, so I force a smile.

" No, the books will come in by 12 AM in the morning. It's okay if you don't come in Friday and get the book. The book will be on hold until you come and get it."

You better come Friday, right not I am already feeling like I'm going to lose you.

"Okay I will see." Then she wrote her  name and phone number.

Natali Montez. (904)-221-6830

I like you Natali, and indeed like your name. You sound so innocent, but at the same time sound as them rich daughter type. I hope your parents don't live here, they would be in the way of our future love. 

"Well Thanks Natali, I will contact you soon, Ms. Montez." I smiled.

I see her smile back, and looked at my apron.

Yes that's what I want you to do . Say my name, say it. I need you to say it, so I can remember the lovely voice of yours. To imagine us making love on the Venice beach that is not that far away from here. 

"Thanks Joe" then smiled back. She looked back at me, and her sparkling eyes, reminded me that there is hope that you can become mine.

In an instant, you began walking out to leave. Please look back, please. You leave and never looked back. Damnnit Natali, it looks like you are more rough then Beck.

See you soon, Natali.

( Hello, guys!!! How you think about the first chapter so far???? Please let me know, your feedback is really important)