Prologue

8 year old Narcissa stood at the docks of Port Raphael with her father Hector Barbossa. Her father was a tall man with a slightly scraggly auburn beard and hair, sea blue eyes and a weathered face. He wore a big hat with a feather in it as well as a waistcoat, breaches, high boots, and a flowy white shirt and dark blue jacket over it.

Narcissa had luckily received most of her looks like her soft features, rosy cheeks and light complexion from her mother. However, she had inherited her father's hair and eyes.

Her father got down on one knee so that he was on her level and Narcissa felt tears spring as their identical blue eyes met.

"Why can't I stay with you?" she asked desperately. Her father sighed. Despite the fact that he was a pirate Narcissa knew he genuinely cared for her.

"A pirate ship is no place for a child, let alone a young girl. I can't put ye in danger like that. I promised yer mother I would do what's best for you. Even if that means sending ye away. Ye'll have a better life in England than any one I could offer you."

"I don't care I already lost Mama. I don't want to lose you too!" argued Narcissa. Her father pulled her into a hug.

"I know treasure. But ye'll not lose me even if we don't see each other," he placed his hand on her shoulders as they pulled back. 

"We pirates sail by the stars. So whenever ye look up at the sky and see your constellation ye'll know I'm thinking about ye." Narcissa nodded.

"Will I ever see you again?" she asked. Her father sighed.

"I don't know treasure. Perhaps with a little luck are paths may cross again some day. But for now I need ye to be brave for me."

"Just like you?" questioned Narcissa. Her father smiled.

"Aye, just like me. Athough perhaps with a bit less recklessness," Narcissa giggled.

"I think I can do that." 

"That's my girl," her father said as he pulled her into a final hug. Narcissa buried her head in his shoulder attempting to memorize everything about him. From the salty scent of the sea that was always around him, to the slightly scratchy feeling of his hair against her cheek, to the warms of his arms which currently enveloped her.

A man on the nearby ship called for final passengers and the pair regretfully parted. Narcissa's father reached into his pocket and pulled out a fairly simple silver ring whose band had a crossed formation on either side of the small white opal in the center. He placed it on Narcissa's finger.

"Mother's ring," she whispered.

"It's only right you should have it now. Think of it as a reminder of yer mother and I." Her father told her as they walked to the ship his arm around her shoulders. They reached the gangplank and he turned to look at her.

"Goodbye my treasure,"

"Goodbye Father," Narcissa replied sadly fighting back tears. She then walked up the gangplank and onto the boat headed for an orphanage in England. She hurried to the stern of the boat so she could watch her father as the ship sailed away. He raised a hand in farewell. Narcissa kept her eyes on her father until Port Raphale had become a speck in the distance.  

Author's Note: Hello! This is my first Pirates of the Caribbean story and the first part in a trilogy I am planning. I should update about once a week. Please feel free to leave your thoughts on the story in the comments as it progresses. I always love hearing from readers. Until next week!