24

Your heart was hammering inside your chest. Your body felt electric, filled to the brim with energy as you tried on millions of different outfits and combinations.

"Deku, how about this? And if you let me borrow those shoes if yours I like, they'd match!"

Deku was sitting on your bed with his head in his hands. He had tried his best to be supportive, especially because going on a date with All Might was an event that held more significance to you than becoming a pro hero, even if it had no chance of ever evolving into something more.

"Y/N, you're overthinking this. All Might couldn't care less about what you wear. He clearly likes you for you! Your personality! He's not the type that would focus on looks."

"Yes, I know, Deku, but I still want to look nice, this is the most important day of my life!" you replied, looking at yourself in the mirror.

Your phone suddenly buzzed, and you opened the notification at the speed of sound.

Hot Banana Hair: L/N, I WILL BE IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE IN TWENTY MINUTES. DRESS CASUAL AND WEAR SOMETHING YOU CAN EASILY MOVE IN. - ALL MIGHT.

P.S., I ALREADY SAW THE PICTURE YOU SENT ME BEFORE YOU DELETED IT, IT HAD MADE ITS WAY INTO MY GALLERY. I FOUND IT VERY CUTE.

You couldn't muster a single word, so you just handed the phone to Deku who instantly burst out laughing.

"He took it well, Y/N, and at least now you can stop stressing over what to wear!" he said, but you could still feel your cheeks burning in embarrassment.

"Imagine if I sent him the bucket list!" you said, the scenario too horrible to even imagine. You were stil having trouble dealing with the fact that Aizawa saw it. You really needed to burn that thing before All Might got his hands on it, but it was currently somewhere on your bed under piles of clothes that you had tried and rejected.

"But you're right, I'll just wear my newest sweatpants and a shirt. It's pretty warm outside."

You grabbed your pair of sweatpants, the color matching your eyes, and picked a shirt of a complementary color.

"Do you think it would be weird if I wore an All Might shirt?" you asked, sneaking a look onto your red shirt with All Might's figure on it.

"Definitely, Y/N even I wouldn't do that. Do you think you two will actually do anything romantic?"

You smiled, but shook your head. "I have realistic expectations. Nothing can come out of this, so I consider it more of an outing for friends. I don't think he'll ever want me as an actual friend, but we could be strong acquaintances."

"Y/N, he thinks really highly of you. I think you'll be good friends."

You loved Deku's optimism, and were eternally grateful that he was there to lift you up.

"Thanks, Deku. Oh, by the way, you should go hang out with Uraraka sometime. She thinks you're pretty cool."

Deku's face went red at the mention of Uraraka. You teased him about it for a bit, and then it was time for him to leave, because All Might would be there in a couple of minutes.

You weren't sure whether to be a couple of minutes early, or fashionably late, so you opened your front door at 8 pm exactly, and nearly jumped out of your skin when you saw All Might on the other side.

He was dressed in grey sweatpants and a white shirt, a grin on his face.

"L/N, right on time!" he commented, glancing over your outfit. "Good, you dressed appropriately. Come on now."