Unresolved

2 days until court.

3:40 a.m.

Adrien banged on the bars of his cell.

"I'm sorry! I made a mistake! I shouldn't be here-"

"Shh. They'll hear you,"  a quiet voice replied. Adrien looked into the cell beside him.

Alya sat there, facing a wall.

"Alya? What are you still doing here? Aren't you innocent?-"

"Are you blind?"

Adrien stared at her. Why was everyone asking him that?

"I actually did that to Marinette. With Lila. She messed with my head," Alya muttered, crestfallen.

Adrien's blood ran cold.

"S-So Marinette is actually..." 

"Innocent, Agreste. Innocent."

Alya put her head back down.

"Lila escaped. I don't know for sure what she's gonna do, but I'm sure she's after Marinette." She stared up at him.

"Got any puns?"

"What-"

"The world knows you're Cat Noir, Adrien. It's literally on PTVL (Prison Television L.O.L.). If you want to change your ways, then help me escape."

Adrien raised an eyebrow.

"Why should I trust you?"

Alya smiled.

"Because you don't have anything else to lose, Agreste. Just like me."

***

6:30 a.m.

"SO IT WON'T HEAL BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID MADOYA METAL?!?" Marinette shrieked. Felix sighed and rolled his eyes.

"If you panic it will make it worse."

Marinette immediately shut up. Plagg was on her shoulder, eating some fancy cheese, the ring  on her finger. Tikki took the cheese and they flew around the room, after one another.

"So how long-"

"Marinette."

"But I-"

"Marinette."

"But-"

"You'll probably still be drinking the tea when you are 30, married to Felix, having a child named Ameila-"

"MOTHER."

Amelie groaned. 

"You guys are no fun."

"You sound like a child."

"Guys, stop fighting-"

"Old man," Amelie chirped.

"Childish," Felix retorted.

"Guys..." Marinette's eyes widened. The kwamis stopped their chase and stared at her. They gasped in unision.

"Married."

Marinette's vision blurred.

"Not!"

Time seemed to slow. Tikki tugged on Amelie's suit, but she ignored it.

"Rough!"

Her head felt light.

"Soft."

Red pooled onto the silk sheets.

"Cold."

"You- Don't trick me into saying you're hot!-"

"You just said it-"

THUMP.

"MARINETTE!" Plagg screamed.

Marinette collapsed onto the bed, shallowly breathing. Terrified, she tried to stand, and attempted to grab onto anything to stabilize herself. Her throat started burning with the taste of blood.

"Help-" she choked, feeling the blood seeping out of her head and onto the floor. Suddenly, she was cushioned into Felix's shoulder, and she could feel a leaf being shoved into her mouth. She swallowed it without hesitation.

A couple minutes ticked by.

Nobody made a sound.

"Marinette..." Felix slowly said. "Don't let anyone but me and my mother touch your head. And don't think to much either."

Marinette nodded, terrified.

"We really need to be more careful, you know?" Amelie coldly laughed, mood suddenly changing. "We could be caught any second by Gabriel, his spies, or anyone else he sends after us."

They all looked at her.

"Don't trust anyone, Marinette. You too, Plagg and Tikki. Especially those who have hurt you before."

***

"I won't let you down."

The purple smoke engulfed Lila Rossi, then dissipated as she stepped out.

She wasn't Volpina this time. She wasn't Chameleon either.

She was Strike One. She looked like herself, but her hair was tied back, and the knife she was holding was pulsing with a red glow. It's razor edges reflected the light that leaked through the observatory.

The knife had the power to kill people with a single touch.

One strike.

"Proceed with the plan, Strike One. Steal Adrien's ring and destroy the world."

Lila grinned.

"Alright Gab- I mean ShadowMoth. But first..."

Her eyes glazed over. 

"I need to kill Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

"Deal."