Chapter 1

May 5th, 2018 9:36 pm

Raven relieved a small sigh as she completed the final chapter of the latest novel she was currently reading. Stretching her slightly aching limbs in the process, she sat up on the bed and gently set the hardcover book onto her bedside table. After that, she laid back on the soft mattress and drew up the thick sheets to cover her body. A soft yawn escaped her lips as she did.

It had been a rather tiring and busy day at the Titan Tower. Aside from the daily integrated sessions of training, there had been quite a few crime alerts that needed to be handled in Jump City. Raven had used an excessive amount of her powers during the ordeals so now her mind and body were practically bordering on the edge of exhaustion. Sleep was tugging at her conscience and it was a mystery why her mind hadn't already given in to the pull.

Finally, as she stared up at her blank ceiling, her eyelids dropped and fluttered closed at last...

RAVEN'S MIND

Her nightmares seemed different this time. Having expected to be greeted by something created by her father, the demon lord Trigon, she was a bit surprised to see an image slowly start to manifest itself. Once everything was done unfolding, it was almost as if she was looking through someone's eyes.

The scenery around her was recognizable, on the roof of Titan Tower, and she wasn't the only one there. She could see the team, consisting of Starfire, Blue Beetle, Beastboy, Wonder Girl, and Robin. Strangely, the Titans team of the East was there as well, which was rather odd because Raven couldn't recall an instance where the two teams were ever together. From the position, she was in, Raven managed to spot Superboy, Bumblebee, Speedy, as well as a few others. The current members of the Titans of the East.

The air seemed tense, and not the slightest bit of noise could be heard. The sky above was a gloomy gray, almost as if complimenting the tension-filled atmosphere. Everyone present atop the Titan Tower was silent, their bodies rigid and poised. Their sights were fixed upon the horizon, and Raven briefly wondered why. That was before she saw some small black silhouettes heading in their direction.

At first, Raven thought they were crows or some other types of birds. But as they got closer and closer, it was quite obvious that they were definitely not birds. Instead, they appeared to be large humanoid creatures with malformed bodies and disfigured faces. Petrifying screeches broke through the once still air as they flew closer to the Tower using the wing-like apparitions on their backs.

As they neared the Tower, Raven watched as everyone around her got into some form of defensive position. Those capable of flying, like, Starfire and Superboy, flew up a couple of meters into the air. The body she was in did as well and when Raven finally had the chance to look down, she got a glimpse of a familiar black leotard as well as the edge of a dark cape. It was then that she realized that she had been nestling in her own body all along, and by some kind of miracle, she was reliving something.

Something of importance that she couldn't quite remember.

**********************

May 5th, 2018 10:46 pm

Damian snapped awake as his instincts kicked in. Something was wrong, he could sense it.

Looking to the side at his bedside table, he watched as the water in his glass cup danced around dangerously. The cup tittered on the edge of the table and Damian just barely managed to catch it before it could fall off and clatter below. As he set the glass back on the stand, he began to hear faint clanking sounds. Along his room walls, the multiple swords he had talked to them about were shaking wildly and the clanking sounds only grew louder with every passing second.