Chapter 10

May 9th, 2018 8:04 AM

"NO!" Kori stands up and points to Garfield. "We will not be putting anyone at risk no matter what."  

"What are you talking about," Gar leaned back in his chair. "No one would be at risk because we would be there to swoop in and save the day. And if we can surprise attach him, maybe we can get one-up on this SOB. I mean, we can do it. We have done it before." 

"What if we are even a second behind schedule? Someone could die." Kori points out with a lot of emotion in her voice. "We already know that this mission is going to be hard, so we need to come up with a full-proof plan before doing anything." 

"Will you guys just stop with these ridiculous plans," Dick stood up and tried to settle things. 

"We are just trying to help," Jaime defended. 

"We have the Justice League working night and day to come up with the plan, so all we have to do is wait for them to announce it to us," Dick says as Damian and I take out seats at the other end of the table. 

Damian takes the head of the table seat and I sit to his right. Our hands were still locked under the table. Damian cleared his throat loud enough to get everyone's attention. 

"Given the fact that it was their idea that failed us in the first place, I think it would be smart to come up with a plan of our own," Damian said, agreeing with Jaime and Gar. 

"Damian," Kori turned in shock. "I never thought you would go against protocol." 

"I will when it is harming people I care about," Damian said firmly. 

"Then what do you propose," Dick said in annoyance. 

"I propose that we, as a team, go in and draw out Dark Side while we the Justice Leagage sneaks in and places bombs around the planet. Flash is the fastest and could get hundreds out in a matter of minutes." Damian said with confidence. "When they are placed, we get out of the planet through portals." 

"I don't know," Kori sat down in her chair. "It sounds good, but the Justice League will never agree to let us be the decoys and them be the bomb placers." 

"They got us into this mess, and they should realize that things have to be different from last time," Damian said with his anger rising. I squeezed his hand under the table, causing him to turn to me. 

"Damian is right," I turn to the other and speak. "I know how this ends. I have seen it. So, we should at least bring this up in our meeting." 

Dick and Kori stay silent and Gar and Jaime nod in agreement. A few seconds pass before the door opens once again and the Justice League walks in. I turn to watch John and Zatanna, who is watching me closely. 

"Alright," Batman comes over and takes a seat at the large table at the other end (opposite of his son). "We have come up with a plan so we will brief you on it now and put it into play tomorrow." 

Batman goes into this elaborate plan of the Justice League sneaking in and attacking Dark Side, drawing him out. We were supposed to attack the monsters and stay out of danger. I could tell that Damian disagreed with this greatly, and John and Zatanna seemed to share the same opinion. 

"No," Damian stands up when his father finishes. "We won't do that. Your plans are what causes everything to domino into a death sentence, so no. We will not follow your idea, but instead, you will follow ours." 

"Damian..." his father says in a warning tone. 

"No," John stops him. "Let the boy talk."

"The Justice League thinks they automatically have to go after Dark Side themselves, but that is what he is expecting. That means the Titans should be the ones to go after him." Damian lets go of my hand. "As we do this, the Justice League will place enough bombs to destroy the planet. Before they detonate we will portal back to earth and let the planet explode." 

"Damian," Batman stands up. "The Titans are not equipt to handle someone like Dark Side." 

"Like we weren't equipt to handle Trigon? Or you when you all became brainwashed and we had to fight you? What about that makes you think we are not equipt to handle it?" Damian leaned on the table and glared at his father. 

"He is right," Superman stands up. "They are capable to do this." 

"And it is completely different than the first plan," Zatanna adds. "This gives us good odds of actually winning because we will throw him off guard." 

Batman sighs and leans back in his chair. "It is a great risk." 

"I know," Damian says without hesitation. 

"If you believe it to be the only way, I will grant you leave to lead this mission," Batman stands up. "But at any point, we can call this off." 

"Alright," Damian agrees to his father's terms. 

"Now, we will go over every detail," Batman turns on the table computer and Damian has control. He talks through every point of the plan and we make our suggestions. Damian settles back in his chair and our hands lace together once more as our plan takes shape.