Chapter 4

--------

Raven's POV:

----------

May 7th, 2018 1:46 pm

After a morning of fighting crime and dealing with cases from burglaries to muggings, the team finally got our first break of the day. Sitting down to read as I ate my sandwich, I leaned back onto the wall of the bay window. Suddenly I got an alert on my radio that said we had a meeting. I sighed and closed my book. 

As I turned out of the living room, Damian appeared from the exercise room. Our eyes caught and my heart sped. I prayed that my face didn't turn red as the image of him shirtless from this morning popped into my head. 

The walk to the Titan Tower surveillance room was silent as Raven and Damian quickly made their way down the hallways. The rhythmic sound of footsteps was the only source of noise between the two until they made it to their destination. Starfire and Nightwing were the only ones there when they arrived. They stood in front of the gigantic display screen, seeming to be on a video call with some members of the Justice League. 

"Starfire, Nightwing, what is the situation?" Damian immediately addressed as he went to stand beside them with Raven trailing after him. 

"All we know is that it's an emergency meeting called by the Justice League." The team leader, Kori, replied. "So it must be of vital importance." 

"They also contacted the members of Titans East and the team is on their way over now," Nightwing added. 

Damian nodded in acknowledgment and he and Raven turned to face the display screen as Blue Beetle, Beastboy, and Wonder Girl entered the room as well. On the call, they could see Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman all huddled together into a small circle while discussing something in hushed voices.  

Random sounds alerted the Titans of possibly new presences in the tower and they all turned to watch as the Titans East Team trekked their way into the surveillance room. The team primarily consisted of BumbleBee, Red Robin, Superboy, and Impulse, all of which gave small nods of acknowledgment to the hosting Titans. Once everyone had been acquainted, the group of superheroes all redirected their attention to the display screen. 

Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman had disbanded from their little group, seeming as if they were finally ready to disclose the purpose of this meeting.

"Thank you all for responding so quickly." Superman began attentively. "Some of you already know what this is about, but I wanted to get the new members up to speed." He pressed a button on a console table and an image appeared on the display screen behind him. "This is Apokolips, homeworld of Darkside. A power-mad despot who has orchestrated two attempted invasions of Earth. The first of which resulted in the formation of the Justice League. The second, an attack from within our ranks by Cyborg, Superman, and his cyber force." He explained, motioning to the image. 

The footage showed that of a destroyed planet covered in jutting rocks, injector-like apparitions, and large craters filled with lava and magma. Its entire appearance gave off a look of devastation and destruction, a place where evils and horrors lurked. Surely, no one would like to be stuck in a place like that. 

The image zoomed out and showed Apokolips and its position in space with other planets surrounding it. Batman picked up from where Superman left off. "This image was taken by surveillance ten hours ago on the edge of the solar system by Martian Manhunter and Superman." He said. 

"Apokolips fazed into our dimension and released stealth drones. Then fazed out again." Wonder Woman imputed. 

Superman stepped forward. "This can only be looked to as a prelude to war. Darkside aims to conquer the Earth, and crush it under his heel."