Chapter 8

May 8th, 2018 1:04 PM

I woke from the most refreshing sleep with my emotions more balanced than ever. I blinked a few times as my eyes adjusted to the light coming through the window. As I looked around the room I noticed things I haven't before. 

There was a nice table in the corner of the room, faced towards the window in perfect view for seeing out the window. If I didn't have to save the world I would spend the whole day reading in that chair. 

"Raven," Zatanna's voice called from the other side of the door. "Dear, are you awake?" 

"Yes," I stand up from the bed and open the door to greet her. 

"I think we should head back now. That is if you have had enough sleep?" She suggests. I look at my watch and see the time and nod. 

"We should. I didn't mean to be sleeping for so long." I grab my cloak off the end of the bed. 

"It is fine," she shrugs. "I slept a little while more than I thought I would anyways." She plays it off like it was nothing. 

"Shall I open the portal?" I ask. 

"If it is not too much trouble," she nods her head and turns to the open space ahead of us. 

I open the portal and bring us to the Justice League headquarters. We were there in seconds, but I was a little saddened by the lack of people in the hallway. There was no one and nothing. No sounds from anyone nor people walking the halls. 

"Where is everyone?" Zatanna took the words from my mouth. 

"I don't know," I turn my head to look for it. 

"Zatanna, love," Constantine walks out of a door and stands right in front of us. "Where have the two of you been off to?" His words slurred together. 

"We were at the house," Zatanna sighed. "Are you seriously drunk right now?" 

"It's the end of the bloody world, of course, I am drunk." He kisses her cheek. "And nice to see you too little birdy," he turns to me. 

"Nice to see you too John," I nod in a brief greeting. 

"Well, your boy wonder is working out in the training room. Been at it for the past two hours. I think you should go talk to him." He pats my shoulder. "Darling, come with me to get some late lunch." 

"Sounds good," Zatanna nods in agreement. "Raven, the workout room is down the stairs and the third door on the left." 

"Hurry, love, before he ruins all the multi-billion dollar bat toys." John jokes. 

I nod and follow their instructions as they leave to find food. I wasn't sure if Damian would even walk to talk to me, and I wasn't sure I wanted to be yelled at again. I was more well-rested and better equipped to handle my emotions now, but that doesn't mean I want to be yelled at. 

I was standing at the door, my hand prepared to knock, but I just couldn't seem to do it. The sound of grunting and metal hitting metal signaled that he was inside. I took a deep breath before opening the door, forgoing the knocking. 

Damian's sword drooped as he turned to me. "Hello," his voice sounded calm but I was not going to get my hopes up. 

"Hi," I nod. 

"You went to Zatanna's house?" He asks, but I know he already knows the answer to his own question. 

"Yes," I nod again. 

"Did you get some sleep?" He puts his sword away and walks over to his towel. 

"I did," I answer as he whipped off his face from sweat.