Chapter 13

Raven's POV: 

I had finally felt full after two more servings of food (probably starved with how much energy I had used up). I no longer had my father's voice in my head and the diamond gem was gone as well. When I asked about it John said he placed it in a black hole that no one would be able to find. 

I couldn't live with my father anymore because with my light magic I would have killed him. And though I am not my father's biggest fan, I wouldn't wish to kill him either. I was grateful to John and Zatanna for taking care of things while I was unconscious. 

"We need to do a formal briefing," Batman stood up and walked out of the room. 

The others looked at each other for a second before we all sighed and stood up, walking to the official meeting room. Damian and I were the last to arrive and sat at the opposite end of the table from his father. Damian helps me to my chair first before taking his. 

Under the table, his hand found my own, and he soothed all the worry away. 

"We placed all three-hundred booms at the locations that were discussed," Bruce began as he pulled up a map of Dark Side's planet. "And according to our readings, the planet blew up along will all life forms. The plan was successful." 

"Good," Superman nods. "I am glad that we decided to follow your son's lead. Damian is turning out to be much like his old man." 

Damian's glare deepened and I knew he wasn't taking that as a compliment. Instead, I send a relaxed emotion to him which made Damian turn to me in surprise. "What did you just do?" He asked in a low whisper. 

"I felt you were unhappy, so I wanted to calm you," I explained, still unsure how I was able to do that. It must have been a new benefit from my powers.

"Interesting," he nods. 

"Damian?" Batman said loud enough to cause all the eyes in the room to turn to us. "Do you have something to add?" 

"No sir," he gave a quick reply. 

"What is it you are discussing with Miss Roth?" Batman narrowed his eyes to his son. 

"I... my powers just changed slightly. I didn't know what I was doing and caused Damian's emotions to change by accident. I am sorry for interrupting the meeting," I explained before Damian had a chance to. 

"What?" John turned to me in surprise. "Do it to me. Try it on me." 

"John," Zatanna shook her head. "We are in a meeting." 

"You can't tell me you aren't a little curious about her powers?" 

"I am not sure how I did it," I explained so they would stop arguing. "When I get more of a handle on things I will make sure to tell you." 

"Now that we have discussed this, I believe it is time for Damian to run his debriefing." Batman changed the subject. 

"We attacked as planned but halfway through the fight, Raven had another vision. It was small but it caused her to become more powerful. She captured Dark Side in her magic and started to drain him. From everything the team could remember she was in control the whole time. We haven't had a chance to talk to her about it since, so I turn things over to her," Damian said before handing me the floor. 

"I... I am not sure what happened. I saw a vision of Dark Side killing everyone I loved. I felt their pain and most of all I saw the final battle before me. I couldn't let my family be taken from me once again, so I lost control. At first, I struggled to understand where the power was coming from, and then my magic became white. I felt the power draining from Dark Side." I explained, looking down in shame. 

"Because of you, we won," Zatanna stood up and came over to me. Damian let go of my hand just as she came over and I turned to face her fully. "You saved up and because of you, the visions have stopped. We have stopped the horrible future from coming true."  

"I don't have a lot of answers about why I am what I am," I sighed. "But at that moment I knew that I had to protect everyone. I know I deviated from the plan, but I believe it turned out alright." 

"Normally I would frown upon the mission going so sideways, even when it turned out to still have us win," Batman stood up. "But I believe, after talking more with John, that this was part of the plan we couldn't have foreseen. I think we can close this case." 

"Woohoo!" Garfield stood up and clapped his hands. "PARTY!"

"Yes, I believe it is appropriate to hold a party. You are all welcome to Wayne Manor for a party hosted this evening. Of course, if you are not of age, you will not drink." Batman made the last part very clear for the younger members of our team. 

"Alright!" Blue Beatle stood up and high-fived Garfield. "Let's get our party on!"