Chapter 46: the cat demon

Double upload.

U guys r welcome
_________________________________________
George POV.

Dream stood up and started looking around for me, calling my name and seeming worried. I wanted to call out to him but I couldn’t, all I did was stay curled up in my ball silently crying about my dad… Why did Fundy have to kill him? Why couldn't I have just sucked it up and let him taken me? Even though he was a dick he was still my dad and it hurt to see what happened to him.

I let out a quiet huff, barely audible from where I was curled up, still inside the hospital gown which was enormous compared to my second form. Maybe it’s because I am part human… or maybe the blood hasn’t fully become part of my system, either way it’s been good to hide here…

Maybe I should call out to Dream… he could make me feel better, but still I couldn’t bring myself to speak up. With only a whimper I attempted to say something, only letting out a whimper as I felt myself about to cry again.

My body stayed where it was curled up and I thought about him, he was so close why couldn’t I just make a fucking noise. If I can get to him, he could use his scent to calm me… but it might not even work now that I’m a demon.

I tried to figure out how to release my own scent, maybe that will work, or get his attention at least. There has to be a way to control it, Dream has done it before.
So I tried in a lot of different ways… none of which worked, and all the while I was listening to Dream calling out to me as he looked around the room.

Suddenly a sweet vanilla scent filled my nose which I didn’t recognise… was it coming from me? In my second form I sat up slightly and sniffed at the air and sure enough the smell surrounded me, but my mood was still not getting better and I let out a whimper.

Dream POV.

“George… where are you?” I asked, hopefully he didn’t see that his father died, it was a gruesome death and I knew it would scare my human.
There was no response, and I let out an anxious whine… maybe he’d escaped, at least I hope that he has. Even though I want him here it would have been better if he hadn’t witnessed this.

I looked around the room, maybe there was a place he could have hidden. George wouldn’t have been under a table or bed since he would have been seen by Fundy and he probably would have been killed or taken by the fox demon.

A human would be too small to fit in the cabinets around the lab and so the most likely option was that George had run out of the room. I began walking towards the door hoping that I could find him. When I got to the double doors I had entered the room via, I opened it to be met with Skeppy running down the hall.

“Dream…” he said, some faint scratches and marks were visible from the fight with Corpse and he had just shifted back into his human form with his shirt slightly ruffled and his hair messy… well messier than his usual messy hair. “Have you found George? And Fundy… I swear to god I’m going to kill that fucking fox…” he growled.

“Fundy is gone…” I replied, “you can go looking for him if you want but I think I earned the right to kill him after he hurt my human.” Skeppy seemed slightly annoyed at that but he nodded in agreement. So I continued.
“I don’t know where George is, he wasn’t here when Fundy ran and I-I don’t know what’s happened to him.” I continued, suppressing the urge to let out a whimper of worry. “I am worried that he might still be hurt…” I feared that he might be dead but I couldn’t bring myself to say it out loud, and Skeppy seemed to be thinking the same thing.

“Can you help me look for him… he has to be around here somewhere.” I muttered, not wanting Skeppy to hear my lack of faith.
The ravenette demon nodded, before moving past me and looking into the medbay where Fundy and George’s father had been. His eyes looked over to George’s now dead father before turning away, probably disgusted by the gruesome sight.

He looked over at the other door that Fundy had run down and turned back to me. “Did you go that way?” Skeppy asked with one eyebrow raised curiously, and I shook my head.
“The door was locked until Fundy kicked it open and ran… I doubt George could have gotten out of it…” I stated.

Skeppy nodded, his eyes scanning the room a second time before he took in a slight sniff. “Do you know what Fundy’s scent is?” the other demon asked me, and I shook my head.
“Nope… never been around him when he used it.” I replied, “why?”
The ravenette sniffed the air again and I grew curious, doing the same. The smell of vanilla came into my nose.

It was weaker than an adult’s scent, meaning that whoever was releasing it was probably a kid and they were clearly scared. Skeppy moved over to a cupboard that I had ignored and opened it. There were hospital gowns and masks and disposable gloves in there and Skeppy saw a slight bulge in one of the gowns that were folded on the bottom of the cupboard.

His hand reached into the gown and grabbed the small thing that was shaking slightly before pulling it out. There was a small fur covered demon in it’s second form. A blue-furred cat which looked more like a small infant kitten.

The cat demon was shaking and trying to calm himself with the scent he was releasing, seeming quite young and small; he probably didn’t know that his scent can’t calm himself. The small demon looked up at Skeppy, yelling at him to let him go and trying to jump out of his grip before looking over to me and seeming even more desperate.
_________________________________________
1038 words.