Chapter 51: a possible solution

Dream POV.

I followed Skeppy out of the room to apologize to him again but before I could say anything to him he turned to look at me. “You should probably get a doctor to check out George…” he stated, pulling the sleeping human closer to his chest. “Something is clearly wrong with him mentally,” he continued. I let out a growl even though I did secretly agree.

“Well I don’t trust a doctor with him. Plus, it’s PTSD. I already solved it…” I responded and Skeppy let out a huff at my stubbornness.
“You probably want a doctor's diagnosis even though the symptoms point to that they’ll know for sure.” my friend said, and I nodded.

"Do you have a trustworthy doctor?" I asked him, and his eyes furrowed as he thought for a moment before nodding.
"I think I know somebody. Every so often while I'm out at the job I'd find a human badly injured, so I bring them to her and she is pretty good. Specialises in humans.” Skeppy explained, “I can give you her number if you want.”
“So she’s a human vet?” I asked, and Skeppy just stayed silent.

After a moment of deciding I nodded, and so he gave me her number before leaving with Darryl in his arms. I walked with him to the door before waving him goodbye. When his car drove off I pulled out my phone and dialed the number that the ravenette had given me.

It rang a few times before a woman answered, “hello, welcome to North Shore health clinic, the best place to get healthcare for humans. How can I help you today?” The receptionist sounded dead inside, but if I had to say that every day too I would probably be dead inside too.

“Uh-hi,” I responded, beginning to walk back to the bedroom as I talked on the phone. “I need to make an appointment for my human. Skeppy gave me this number and said that someone working for you would be able to help.”
“Oh you must be talking about Dr Walker.'' The receptionist said, “she and Skeppy are good friends. She is free tomorrow morning, would you like to book an appointment for then?” she asked.

I nodded, before realising that she couldn’t see and saying yes. “What is the reason for making this appointment?” she asked, typing something on her computer as she spoke.
“Well he’s come into contact with some demon blood and it is driving him a little crazy, he also may have PTSD from some stuff that has happened recently.” I explained, leaning against the wall as I recounted the events of the past week and a half.

The woman continued typing throughout my explanation before speaking up again. “Do you want to bring your human into the clinic or get Doctor Walker to come to your home?” she questioned as she clicked on something on the computer.
“What’s the difference?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as I did.

“There is a fee for traveling to your home which depends on how far you live from the clinic. The appointments at home can only be available if your human has a contagious disease, isn’t fit for moving, a blood test, or just needs a routine check up.” she explained.
“I think that would work. What time can she be over?”
“Doctor Walker can be over as early as 10am. After that she is available at 12:30, 2pm, 2:30pm, 3pm, or her latest available time is 5:30pm.”

I booked an appointment for 10am before hanging up the phone and going upstairs to George’s room. He was laying on the bed with my hoodie still on and cuddling my pillow releasing some small guilty whimpers. I moved over to the bed and laid down behind him. George’s eyes fluttered open and he rolled over, leaving the pillow as he buried his head into my chest.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered, his words hard to understand from his place buried in my chest. “I didn’t mean to hurt either of them.”
“It’s fine Georgie,” I responded, placing a small kiss on his forehead as my arms moved to rest around his waist. “They understand that it was an accident. We know you aren’t in the right mind right now and we are going to help you get better.” he nodded as I spoke.

“Try and sleep okay George,” I told the small boy in my arms, “tomorrow we will get someone to come and help you.”
He nodded and rolled over, resting his head against my chest as I held him close. Even though he was part demon he still needed sleep which was good cause he got cuddly when he was tired and I liked cuddling him.

time skip
The next morning

George sat up and let out a small yawn before turning to look down at me. I hummed a good morning as I pulled him back down for a hug and kissed his forehead causing him to release a purr. It was 9am as we sat up.

I managed to get him ready in less than an hour before he reverted back to the cuddly and clingy personality which he’d adopted in the past couple weeks and clung to me as I went to the kitchen and made us both some breakfast.

The brunette finished his food and I finished mine but immediately got trapped in my seat as George climbed on me and pulled me into a hug. His head rested on my shoulder while he released quiet purrs and occasionally nuzzled into my neck.

We sat there for a few minutes until there was a knock on the door. Both of us looked over to the hallway which connected to the front door of the house and I had George climb out of my lap before going to open the door. He whined slightly as he followed and leaned against my back as I opened the door.

A woman with long orange hair tied in a ponytail and pale skin was standing there in a white doctor's coat and some dress pants. “You must be Doctor Walker,” I said with a smile as I reached out to shake her hand, and George watched me intently.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Skeppy said you do your job really well.” I said with a smile which she mirrored.
“Thank you. You must be Dream right, Skeppy speaks very highly of you. And he is right with you being the highest ranking Pride demon.” she replied. Then she looked past me at George and gave him a gentle smile, her tone softening as though speaking to a kid. “And you must be his human that I got a call about, what’s your name?”

George suppressed a growl which I knew he was wanting to desperately let out, but gave a small greeting of “hi, I’m George.”
She gave him a smile and I stood to the side to let Doctor Walker inside. I suppressed a chuckle as the brunette moved instantly back beside me. The doctor let out a light giggle too as she stepped inside and I shut the door.
_________________________________________
1207 words.