Chapter 83: invading a pregnant demons space

This art is called 'Ezra is swimming with a fish.'

Also for this chapter people don't be mad at Dream for doing what his instincts tell him to do. Like he can't fucking control it.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

"How do we know if anyone is even here?" Darryl asked as we looked at the front of the house where Dream and George lived. Neither of us were sure, all of the lights were off and all of the curtains were pulled shut.

Maybe our friend and his demon were both away, that could make sense. They might be spending their Christmas together. "They could just be asleep," I offered, "we could knock on the door and see..." I mean George never was someone who liked to wake up any earlier than around lunch time.

Darryl nodded as we walked the rest of the way up the drive and knocked on the door. We waited a few moments to see if anyone came to the door but nobody did. So I reached forward to knock on the door again but with a loud creak the door opened inwards when I made contact with it.

My friend and I gave each other a questioning glance but if the door was unlocked it meant someone had to be here, right? We walked inside, surely if Dream and George found us in here they wouldn't be too mad.

The 2 of us made our way through the halls and to the staircase before heading up to the second floor. We walked through the halls to where George's room was and we heard people in there breathing quietly, they sounded as though they were asleep and after we opened the door to confirm that we gave each other a look.

"We shouldn't stay while they are asleep." Darryl muttered, and I nodded.
"Yeah, it would be just creepy if we stuck around, we should leave. Sapnap, Quackity, and Skeppy probably don't know we are gone yet." I agreed.
The 2 of us shut the door and turned to leave, trying to be quiet so as to not wake them when we heard a noise from behind us.

Dream POV.

I had managed to convince myself to get out of bed and bring the food that Sapnap had brought up from downstairs. The bags were all on the floor of the bedroom and some were now empty as the boxes, cartoons, and bags were scattered on the floor either empty or half empty.

Yes, having a pregnant mate means that your house could get messy but it is worth it, I mean George is having a child. He still hated the idea of having a child but I managed to keep him calm about it. The 2 of us both had completely different emotions for it and that made this even more awkward.

And speaking of Sapnap I knew that I would need to probably apologize to my wrath demon friend at some point for attacking. But demons didn't really care about anyone else besides their mate when they are pregnant. We pretty much lose control of ourselves if someone comes close, as an instinctual way of keeping our mates safe, so we don't hesitate to protect them.

It was another reason why it was uncommon for demons to have more than 1 child, on some occasions parents end up attacking one child while their mate is pregnant with another. The child has to survive on their own for 6 months and they often can't. Only 1 in 20 demon mates attempt to have multiple children and only 8.3% of children survive while their parents are pregnant with another kid.

Currently George was sleeping with his head resting on my chest, his face being right by my neck. He would probably wake up soon and want some more food since he had been asleep for a while.

The only thing I hated was having to stay here the entire time with George asleep for the majority of it. I wanted his company but I couldn't wake him up because I knew he needed a lot of sleep for the next few months.

This would be how our lives for the next 6 months, which is the average time for a demon pregnancy. So until around the middle of June, the brunette half-demon would just want to sleep, eat, and cuddle. When it's said like that nothing changed from before George got pregnant but when you are a part of it for 130 days it is easily boring.

My eyes fluttered shut hoping that I could follow my mates ideas of sleeping for several hours and for a while it worked. I stayed half asleep, ready to wake up if George needed me. My arms stayed around his body keeping him close to me as I occasionally nuzzled against his neck.

For a few moments I kept nuzzling but froze when I heard the door open. My arms slipped away from George and I extended my claws ready to attack. I listened to their voices to see if they were moving closer or not.

"We shouldn't stay while they are asleep." the first muttered, and I instantly recognised the voice as one of George's friends... but why was he here?
"Yeah, it would be just creepy if we stuck around, we should leave. Sapnap, Quackity, and Skeppy probably don't know we are gone yet." the other stated.

It doesn't matter who they were and if they were leaving or not. They could hurt George. I slipped out of the bed in a swift move that didn't wake up the sleeping brunette and shifted into my second form as I moved silently out of the room.

Despite my tall form I kept low to the ground in the dark hallways of the house, barely distinguishable from the taunting shadows in the corner of the room. My movements were controlled and steady as I hunted down the threat to my mate.

I was closing the distance between myself and the humans and was about to pounce onto them with an attack when I heard people shouting. 3 people were running up the staircase which I recognised as Quackity, Sapnap, and Skeppy. They saw the humans and smiled, running up to them and hugging them.

But they were still too close for comfort...
_________________________________________
1064 words.

There is a triple uploading Hunger Games if people wanted to check that out tonight. Final night that there will be a triple upload.