Chapter 76: defending him

I am writing another chapter and Karl and Darryl are being big fucking idiots. Being honest I wanna punch them. You'll see in like 6 chapters.

Anyway I am almost at 24k followers so stop. Bad readers. Bad. You are as bad as Ezra.

And do not be mad at Dream about his instincts even if he makes George kinda sad. (You'll see what I mean in a moment).
_________________________________________
Dream POV.

"Foooood-," George whined, and I sat up with one arm still wrapped around him.
He had slept for the rest of the day yesterday and it was now in the early hours of the following morning. I knew that I probably had to explain what was happening in a few moments.

I grabbed a box of food from beside the bed and passed it to him without even bothering to see what it was. He opened it and began eating it greedily and I finally saw what it was. A box of cereal and I watched as he ate about half of the box in a minute before putting the box on the pillow beside him.

George immediately moved back over to me and I wrapped my arms around him protectively. I knew he would fall asleep in a minute if I didn't tell him now. "Georgie-" I hummed, and he looked up at me, his eyes already struggling to stay open. "Are you feeling okay baby?"

The brunette hummed in response, "just tired," he mumbled quietly.
"Do you know what is happening George? Why you have been so tired and hungry lately?" I asked. George furrowed his eyebrows for a moment before shaking his head.
"Want me to tell you?" I was worried about how he would react when I did but he nodded.

"Well George. You are..." I trailed off, noting how focused he now looked and feeling my expression sadden. "You are pregnant..."
His face immediately dropped. "No. I-I can't be. H-how the fuck could I be pregnant? It's impossible."

George began crying and I pulled him into a hug. My scent was released in the air, barely able to be identified as the vanilla scent overpowered it. Thankfully it managed to calm him though and soon he was just sniffling against my chest. "How is this possible?" he asked, barely any louder than a whisper.

"Well... Demons can get either men or women pregnant. It's hard to get humans pregnant though. I forgot you were part demon now. I'm sorry." I muttered while kissing his forehead slowly.
"Is there any way that I could get rid of it? An abortion... please?" he asked and I suppressed a growl.

Demons don't like others talking about hurting mates, or kids... apparently that includes their mate talking about their kid. Even their unborn kid. I looked into his terrified eyes and shook my head. "I am sorry but you can't."

I knew that my demon side would not let him. Even If I didn't want to, my protective demon side wouldn't let him get rid of the child. I hated that since this would probably make George upset, but it was impossible to work around.

George looked extremely sad and I nuzzled into his neck. "I'm sorry Georgie. Why don't you just sleep and try not to think too much about it."
"H-how could I not think too much about it, Dream!" the human yelled, "I don't want a kid! I just want life to be how it was!"

The brunette let out a whimper as I continued releasing my scent, he began breathing it in eagerly before letting his eyes flutter shut as he yawned. My hand tangled in his hair and I brushed it with my fingers before his breathing slowed and he fell asleep.

I laid him down before wrapping my arms around him. Being a demon with a pregnant mate who didn't want a child was driving me crazy. On one hand I wanted him to be happy, but on the other I knew that my protective demon side would not let him hurt or abandon our child. It was strange and I hated it.

For now I just decided to rest my eyes, maybe try to sleep. I closed my eyes and let out a small purr at the closeness to my sleeping human. But not even an hour later I heard movement, causing my eyes to glow brightly as I let out a low growl.

Someone or something was walking around downstairs, but I could hear it getting closer. I pulled George closer and moved my hands to be holding his chest against mine. George was sleeping quietly and I had no intention of having him get woken up.

The door to the bedroom opened and someone stepped into the room before making their way over to the bed. "Dream?" I sat up and looked in the person's direction, my eyes were glowing brightly as I watched him.

After a moment he froze, clearly smelling the air and realising what was happening. He took a step back and I continued to watch him. I let out a growl of warning. I recognised that this was Sapnap but I didn't care.

I was worried that he would attack George. My claws extended but I left them by my side as Sapnap backed away. "Calm down Dream." my friend muttered, keeping his head low as a way of attempting to show that he wasn't a threat. "Your food is in the hallway and I will be leaving now."

My eyes stayed focused on the wrath demon as he walked backwards, also keeping his eyes on me. I waited quietly as he made his way to the door, relaxing more, the further away from George and myself. Any sign of sudden movement could mean that Sapnap was about to attack my human.

Suddenly he fell backwards, it was an accident but I didn't care. I lunged at him with my fangs out and pinned him down against the floor. I shifted into my second form while on top of him, my fangs barred as my claws dug into his shoulder.

"Dream! Let go!" Sapnap said through gritted teeth. "I'm sorry for threatening your human. I didn't mean to, total misunderstanding."
He tried to push me off but I didn't move, instead just growling again as my eyes glowed brightly.

I didn't bother to say anything as I clawed down his chest. When I raised a long, taloned arm to strike his face he shifted in an instant and pushed me off of him. His body burst into flames and his skin fell away to be replaced with black scales.

He didn't try to attack and instead backed away continuing towards the door. He just reached the hallway when I lunged at him again, however this time he ducked under me and I ended up in the hallway. Now Sapnap was standing in between me and George and it made me even more worried.

I began circling around him to get back to the door and he continued backing away. For a third time I lunged at him and I knocked him down again. I ran at him and he put his claws up in defense, striking me in the arm.

With a final growl I prepared to kill him, but froze when I heard a noise coming from the bedroom. I stayed with my eyes focused on the ravenette demon below me, the one who I was about to kill when I heard George's voice, trying to find out where I was.

I was conflicted about what to do when I heard Sapnap, talking from beneath me. "Go Dream. He needs you," Sapnap stated, his eyes meeting mine.
For a moment I stayed watching him, but when George's cries grew more desperate I turned and returned to his side.

Sapnap watched as I shifted back into my human form and pulled him close. When I looked over to the door again he had disappeared and I sighed. I considered running after him but I didn't, instead staying beside George and nuzzling into him.
_________________________________________
1362 words.