Chapter 3: INTERVIEW

Audio titled: VAMPIRE'S DANCE

Chapter
3

Interview
(Mingle With the Locals)

***

'Oh freaking hell this is crazy,' Jong Woo thought, smiling at an interviewee who had just arrived

They were seated in a quiet corner of the bar attached to the B&B, with Jung Hwa standing behind the camera and Hyun Ho standing beside her, ready to help out whenever needed, but mostly keeping an eye out on any gestures that could be portrayed as signs of lying or fear—anything to get their viewers speculating and engaging in the comment section.

Jong Woo was sitting with their guest, who had just bought them two beers of what was allegedly the town's favourite drink.

"Sojo,"Ahn Hee Joong said, sitting heavily on the chair across Jong Woo. "Like whiskey but better."

"We will definitely need this, considering what we'll be discussing," Jong Woo said, mustering up a smile. "The Haunted House."

"The Haunted House," Hee Joong repeated, sighing. His hand twitched towards the drink, but he hesitated a bit before taking a proper hold of the handle. "Now that's a piece of work."

"When did you first hear about it?"

"Forever ago. You can't grow up in Little Town and avoid hearing about it."

"So people talk about it? Warn each other?"

"Kind of. No one talks about the Haunted House but sometimes creepy shit happens that gets the town talking."

"Creepy shit?" Jong Woo said, leaning forward. "Have you experienced any of that, or what do you mean?"

"Everyone's experienced something," Hee Joong replied, before lifting the beer to his mouth and drinking for a few long moments.

When Hee Joong eventually put it down, he began talking before Jong Woo could ask for further elaboration. "Everyone. Either calls that trace back to that house, or weird lights by the windows. And that's just the shit you see from the outside."

"Have you ever been inside?"

"Once. I was a dumb fucking kid who didn't know any better. Because you know... when you're told about crazy shit like ghosts and all that, you think no fucking way. That ain't real—can't be, isn't. So you think everyone else is being a fucking coward, and you think you're tough shit and go in because you aren't afraid. And when you go in at first everything is fine, but then you walk past a mirror and don't see yourself, and you hear noises in places that you can see are empty. And then something hurts you."