Chapter 8: HOUSE

Audio titled: .GOETIA

Chapter
8

House
(Much Colder Here)

***

"You look

"You look... fresh," Jung Hwa remarked, eyeing Jong Woo's wet hair as he joined them for breakfast. "And by fresh I mean that you should have taken a moment after the shower to dry up a little."

"My night sucked," Jong Woo groaned, sitting down and nearly tearing up in gratitude when Hyun Ho handed him a plateful of scrambled eggs. "Someone tried to open my door and I couldn't sleep after it at all. I ended up napping on the couch facing the door, and my neck now hurts."

"Someone tried to open your door?" Jung Hwa repeated, frowning. "That's creepy! Should we complain about it? Maybe it was someone from the cleaning staff—"

"At night? I don't think so."

"Also," Hyun Ho said, "does this place look like it has cleaning staff on the payroll?"

"Besides, we're not going to be staying here for the next few nights," Jong Woo said. "Even if we won't be checking out, at least all of our stuff will be in the car and there's no risk of anything happening even if someone does get into the room when we're away."

"But that's freaky," Jung Hwa hissed. "Honestly, if this was a proper hotel, I'd definitely ask you to complain. But somehow I doubt anyone working here would give a damn. But you're right—at least for the next two nights we'll be fine if we stay at the Haunted House like we originally intended. If you're all packed up and done, we could go right away? Since Sung Ryeol told us that the electricity works, you can work on the footage there and we can just start setting up the props early on."

Jong awoo couldn't deny the feeling of relief when he exited the B&B with his bags in tow.

He could see Kim Tae Joon watching them quietly, and Jong Woo fleetingly wondered if he should have interviewed the man as well.

Maybe someone who runs a bar and a B&B, Tae Joon was privy to information about the town that most others didn't know.

Could he perhaps add one more interview into the mix?

"I don't think he would've agreed," Hyun Ho said when they got into the car and Jong Woo told them about his idea. "Even when I explained to him that we won't be present for the next two days he just... stared at me. Also I went to grab a snack from the bar yesterday evening, and I saw him whispering something with that weirdo... uh... Bo Min? Yeah, that one. So honestly, I don't think you would've gotten anything useful out of him."