Chapter 11: RESEARCH

Audio titled: THE WEIRDO'S WALTZ

Chapter
11

Research
(Let's Just Google It)

***

The sun was bright and warm as Jong Woo returned to awareness

He was sitting on the porch, feeling warm and lovely, the taste of honey in his mouth and happiness tickling his mouth into a smile.

He was dressed in a pair of simple brown trousers with a green shirt that he didn't own, and watched a pair of dogs run and play with each other in the backyard.

"Here you are," a familiar, dear voice said. Someone sat next to him on the porch and Jong Woo felt a brief, warm kiss pressed against his mouth. "Still thinking of leaving? Can't imagine what you'd do in Seoul."

He had been thinking of leaving?

Why?

Why would he leave when everything was so perfect?

"I think your friends suggested it," the dear voice said, answering Jong Woo's unvoiced questions. "I know you'd love to travel with them, but everything's so good here, why go? You can join them later if you'd like, of course. But Seoul is so far away."

"Why won't you come with me, Moon Jo?" Jong Woo asked, each word like candy in his mouth. He leaned in for a kiss again, and got it.

There was a strange sound—like faint howling—coming from inside, but he couldn't bring himself to pay attention to it. "Don't you miss Seoul?"

"I spent too much to lose this place now," Moon Jo replied, and Jong Woo tried to look at him, but squinted under the harsh light of the sun. He couldn't make out more than neatly combed dark hair and a lovely, lovely smile. "But if you want me to go with you, I think we can arrange it. There're some things I'm going to need you to do first, though."

"Anything," Jong Woo replied, because wasn't that the truth? He'd do anything to have this— this moment.

"I've got a claim on this house," Moon Jo told him, pressing another kiss against the corner of Jong Woo's mouth. "But you know, my darling, there're many who wish to take it away from me. I'd love to go with you and pay back all the favours I owe my father's friends, but we need to make sure no one takes our place in the meanwhile."

"How do we do that?" Jong Woo breathed. He was faintly aware of the dogs that having been playing before now tearing into one another.

The sun was brighter and hotter than before, and the howling from the house was growing louder.

"We can't talk here," Moon Jo suddenly decided, standing up. Firmly but gently, he pulled Jong Woo with him. "Let's go to my room. It's on the second floor." His room? Jong Woo knew his room—it was on the second floor, yes, on the far end of the long corridor.