Chapter 9: VIDEO

Audio titled: DINING WITH LECTER

Chapter
9

Video
(Let's Start with Recording)

***

The problem was—on Jong Woo's end at least—that he wasn't acting

The moment he stepped into the house there was a strange cloud of cold air that just seemed to puff at him from his left side.

He didn't know what kind of ventilation the building had, but freaking hell was it annoying.

He followed Hyun Ho who walked around the first floor, and then stood aside when Jung Hwa filmed the weird, flowery bathroom.

And when they climbed the stairs to go upstairs...

Jong Woo felt as if he was being watched. When he relayed this to Hyun Ho and Jung Hwa, they both nodded in understanding.

"It's probably the portraits," Hyun Ho said, gesturing at the faces painted on small portraits covering the wall. "I just don't understand why anyone would want to have this many faces on their walls."

"Honestly, I felt as if I was being watched already when I was on the stairs," Jung Hwa admitted. "It's really creepy, this place. And oh, look, here's that mirror again."

That mirror—or more specifically the mirror—was surprisingly clean for a piece of furniture left to gather dust in an already dusty hallway. "Look at it. Now imagine an arm or something emerging from it."

Jong Woo snorted. "That's just ridiculous. Their sleeves probably got caught on a hook or something, because... I mean, look at it." He then proceeded to tap the surface of the mirror with his nails. "Solid. Like mirrors tend to be."

"All right, now do that again while I film you," Jung Hwa said, "but be less skeptical about what other people have told you about. Just... when I say 'imagine an arm attacking you from the mirror' I want you to pretend you're taking it seriously."

Jong Woo nodded, and was about to start speaking again when Jung Hwa's face suddenly snapped to their right.

They all fell silent, Hyun Ho and Jong Woo watching Jung Hwa, and Jung Hwa looking at the long corridor. "What?"

"I swear I saw movement there," Jung Hwa muttered, gesturing at one of the open doorways. "As if someone peeked out." She then raised her voice. "Is anyone there?"

"Are you serious?" Hyun Ho asked. Jung Hwa nodded, biting her lip with a frown on her face.

"This isn't me setting anything up for the show," she said. "I swear I saw someone peek out. Maybe a squatter?"